Evangelical Homes of Michigan (EHM) is a full service health and human service organization that provides health care, housing and community services to older adults and their families in southeast Michigan. Founded in 1879, EHM is one of the largest nonprofits of its kind and one of the oldest in the state, serving more than 2300 older adults annually. EHM has been consistently recognized for its leadership and innovation over the years, and was named one of Michigan’s top 25 workplaces by the Detroit Free Press.
EHM is excited to welcome a new full-time Receptionist to join our team in the continued mission of our Evangelical Homes - Saline healthcare and rehabilitation facility. The Receptionist will be responsible for providing front office and administrative support to the Evangelical Home Saline facility, as requested by the Executive Director and Marketing/Admissions Director.
Key Responsibilities for the Receptionist include:
Qualifications and Requirements for the Receptionist:
- Welcome, greet and assist visitors, guests, residents/clients, family members, etc. at the front office.
- Welcome new residents/clients and coordinate nursing staff assistance to welcome and assist them.
- Manage incoming phone calls.
- Provide administrative/clerical support to the Executive Director, Admissions/Marketing and other team members as requested/needed.
- Maintain calendars for conference rooms and assist in reserving conference rooms as needed.
- Forward, deliver and distribute daily mail.
- Maintain resident list book daily.
- Input new admissions information into Point Click Care (PCC) system.
- Create and print contracts/renewals and admit notices for the admissions team.
- Print admission record sheet from PCC and give to Admissions Director.
- Organize and file patient incident reports.
- Maintain Inventory of all marketing collateral in the facility and create marketing/tour packets.
- Maintain list of supplies and order supplies needed.
The Receptionist role is a full time, benefits eligible position with day shift hours. Evangelical Homes of Michigan is proud to offer competitive wage and benefit packages, along with a fast paced working environment. To learn more about the mission and history of our organization, please visit our website: www.ehmchoices.org.
- As a minimum, must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have two (2) or more year’s prior experience in front office/reception and/or administrative/clerical support.
- Prior working experience in a healthcare setting is preferred.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors and the general public.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills, including active listening.
- Must be proficient in computer systems, including Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Must possess a cheerful demeanor and be able to work harmoniously with other personnel.
Evangelical Homes of Michigan is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V. Qualified applicants must be presently eligible to work in the United States. Applicants will be required to undergo a criminal background check and pre-employment physical upon the acceptance of a verbal offer.
Evangelical Homes - 5 months ago