Greet and direct visitors in office. Operate multi-line telephone system to answer incoming calls and directs callers to appropriate personnel.
• Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel.
• Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department; takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
• Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information; welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
• Monitors visitor access and issues passes when required, updates appointment calendars, prepares travel vouchers, takes payments for services and products.
• Receives, sorts, and routes mail, and maintains and routes publications; maintains fax machines, assists users, sends faxes, and retrieves and routes incoming faxes; Creates and prints fax cover sheets, memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents when necessary.
• Orders, receives, and maintains office supplies.
• Performs other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying, and collating.
High School diploma or equivalent
1-2 years related experience
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service ; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
• Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings. Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
• Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
First American Financial Corporation - 23 months ago