Discover the Difference You Can Make at Gate Gourmet
Gate Gourmet, a gategroup company, is the world’s largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for the airline industry. For the past 70 years, we have served over 250 carriers in more than 30 countries. Gate Gourmet combines culinary expertise with the highest standards of food safety and production to deliver delicious, healthy, and affordable meals to over 270 million travelers around the globe.
We are currently looking for a receptionist to join our Corporate team based in Reston, Virginia. Reporting to the Manager of Administrative Services, the receptionist acts as the first point of contact for visitors and callers at the Gate Gourmet North American Headquarters in Reston, Virginia. The receptionist will provide general administrative support to Facilities and HR departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Greets and directs visitors to the company in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner.
- Coordinates reservations for conference rooms
- Answers phones in a professional manner and redirects calls to the appropriate party
- Provides callers with information such as company address, directions to the company location, company fax numbers, company website, and other related information.
- Administers employee business card and stationery ordering
- Assists with receiving, sorting and forwarding deliveries, and incoming mail; maintaining and routing publications.
- Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail services
- Assists in the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies.
- May assist with scheduling training and recordation of training attendees
- May assist Recruitment team with interview scheduling and coordination of candidates
- Maintain cleanliness of reception coffee bar area including restocking supplies.
- Update and track break room supply orders to ensure orders fall within budgets. Conduct monthly break room supply audits.
- Code vendor invoices.
- Assist with preparing new hire orientation packets for delivery.
- Create monthly birthday poster/email.
- May also assist with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing and collating.
- High school diploma or GED required; some college preferred
Work Experience :
Job Skills :
- One to two years experience working in an office environment
- Prior experience as a receptionist preferred
- Multi-lingual skills highly desirable
- Position requires experience and demonstrated competency in:
- Customer service
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Effective relationship building
- Time management
- Detail orientation
- Prioritizing multiple projects/tasks
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Candidate must be punctual, reliable and possess a professional appearance and demeanor
- Strong interpersonal skills, must interact well with multiple departments and be efficient and productive in a fast-paced environment
- Must have good computer and database application skills (MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Communication Skills :
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with all types of people
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations :
Environmental Requirements :
- Normal office environment
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position :
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Thinking - Information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
- Engaging - understanding others, team leadership, developing people
- Inspiring - influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
- Achieving - delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement, customer focus
Candidates will be required to go through pre-employment drug screen, criminal check and/or airport fingerprinting.
Gate Gourmet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Gate Gourmet - 15 months ago
Dining at 30,000 feet is no problem when the plane is loaded with food from Gate Gourmet. The foodservice company is one of the world's...