The Howard Hughes Corporation owns, manages and develops
commercial, residential and mixed-use real estate
throughout the country. Our company is comprised of
Master Planned Communities, Operating Properties,
Strategic Developments and other unique assets spanning
18 states from New York to Hawaii. We are traded on the
New York Stock Exchange as HHC.
We are currently seeking a Receptionist for the Dallas
Corporate office who will work in conjunction with the
other receptionist to answer and direct all incoming
phone calls and serve as the first point of contact for
visitors to the Dallas office.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
the appropriate person or department.
- Promptly answer incoming phone calls and direct to
transfer as necessary.
- Screen incoming phone calls as appropriate and
and direct them to the person they are scheduled to
- Serve as the first point of contact for all visitors
- Maintain calendars for all conference rooms.
- Update and distribute phone extension list as
pick up any incoming mail and sort as required.
- Postmark outgoing mail and deliver to mail room;
Ensure mail room is stocked with appropriate
- Prepare overnight/courier deliveries as requested.
a weekly basis. Replenish supplies in break room and
- Inventory office, break room and kitchen supplies on
kitchens on a daily basis or as often as needed.
- Order office, break room and kitchen supplies as
with paper on a daily basis and replace any low or
- Ensure all copiers and printers are fully stocked
empty toner cartridges as necessary.
Unload dishwashers in the morning and turn on
- Keep break room, and kitchens clean and organized.
dishwasher before leaving the office in the evening.
day such as ensuring all glass throughout the office
- Light office cleaning as necessary throughout the
is clean and free of fingerprints and smudges.
organized. This includes front lobby ,conference
- Ensure all common areas are clean, neat and
rooms, mail room, break room, kitchens, etc.
- Serve as liaison with property management company.
- Coordinate meeting details and office events as
departments if they need any assistance.
- Be proactive during down time and ask other
Must be willing and able to work additional hours if
- Assist other departments with projects as requested.
- Able to work Monday-Friday from 9:00 am -6:00 pm.
Administrative Assistants as necessary.
- Provide back-up assistance to the CEO's Executive
- Other general administrative duties as assigned.
Assistant experience in a corporate environment.
- Minimum 3-5 years Receptionist or Administrative
- High School Diploma or equivalent and some college
This position is a reflection of the company and at
- Associates Degree or Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Must have extremely polished phone etiquette skills.
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times.
times the first impression someone has of the
- Professional interaction with employees, clients and
- Must have a strong work ethic and be reliable and
at all levels within the organization.
- Build positive working relationships with employees
given very little direction and information.
- Be resourceful and able to work efficiently even if
- Able to effectively multi-task and handle multiple
willing to ask if unsure.
- Exercise sound judgment when making decisions and
- Work additional hours as required.
- Able to meet deadlines as necessary.
- Have a strong sense of urgency.
- Effectively work with minimal supervision.
- Strong organization and attention to detail skills.
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and
applications: Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Good problem solver/creative thinker.
- "Can do" attitude, pro-active and resourceful.
- Highly proficient in MS office 2007 or 2010
The Howard Hughes Corporation is an Equal Opportunity
% of Travel Required : 0-10%
Offer Relocation : No