The Indiana Hemophilia and Thrombosis Center has been ranked by the Indianapolis Star as one of central Indiana's Top Workplaces for the past three years!
The IHTC is a nationally recognized leader in the treatment of bleeding and thrombotic disorders. As one of the largest treatment centers of its kind in the United States, we are dedicated to state-of-the-art diagnostics, national research studies and leading professional education.
Be a part of our growing organization and enjoy an upbeat work environment, an excellent pay and benefits package, and an annual incentive plan!
The Receptionist supports the clinic front office by registering patients and answering the phone. The primary areas of responsibility may include some or all of the following duties:
· Greeting patients
· Checking patients in/out of clinic
· Collecting information for billing and charts
· Verifying current assignment of benefits and privacy forms within EMR
· Verifying insurance eligibility and obtain referrals and authorizations for office visits
· Processing super bills and face sheets for upcoming patient appointments.
· Verifying outstanding balances through interface with outside billing agency
· Collecting co-pays, logging transactions on log sheet and encounter form
· Scheduling appointments for new and follow up appointments.
· Addressing all incoming faxes and emails
· Arranging for patient pick-up by transportation method of patient choice
· Answering phone calls and triaging calls
· Entering and updating patient information in computer
· Other duties as assigned
· Minimum high school diploma and 1 year related experience
· Professional communication skills
· Ability to manage multiple tasks/priorities
· Skilled in using a multi-line phone system
· Ability to prevent or diffuse high-stress situations by working with patients/callers to identify concerns and route calls appropriately
Indiana Hemophilia & Thrombosis Center, Inc. - 5 months ago