Under the direction the Office Administrator, the Reception team is responsible for managing the Reception desk, scheduling conference rooms, parking, visitor offices as well as logistics related to events in the Conference Center.
Essential Job Requirements:
• Direct telephone calls to appropriate attorneys and staff;
• Operate a switchboard or console to relay incoming, outgoing and intra-system calls;
• Meet and greet clients and visitors in reception area and provide appropriate information to guests;
• Schedule visiting attorney offices;
• Schedule use of conference rooms;
• Schedule use of parking spaces;
• Maintain visiting attorney, conference room and parking utilization reports;
• Schedule car service reservations;
• Schedule messenger pick-ups and deliveries;
• Maintain a log of intra-office overnight pouch contents;
• Work with Guest Services staff to coordinate breakfasts, luncheons and refreshments for client meetings;
• Assist with arranging for necessary technology during events or meetings held in conference rooms;
• Maintain a neat and clean lobby and reception area;
• Essential to maintain a reliable attendance record;
• Ability to interact effectively with internal and external client base, upholding a welcoming and professional demeanor at all times and demonstrating an attitude of cooperation.
• Cover co-workers during periods of scheduled and unscheduled time off.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• A minimum of 3 - 5 years of reception experience is required; experience in a law firm preferred;
• Experience operating a multi-line switchboard is required;
• Experience in a legal records department desired;
• Excellent verbal communication skills are necessary;
• Well-developed and professional interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with all people;
• An orientation to customer service and able to work in a team environment;
• Strong organizational skills and time management skills needed to manage time well;
• Basic knowledge of email applications in order to communicate as needed with staff and members of the firm.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word 2010 and Excel in order to maintain logs and reports.
• Flexibility for paid overtime necessary to pitch in during periods of scheduled and unscheduled time off for co-workers.
Office Location: New York
Schedule(s): 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM / Monday through Friday
Lowenstein Sandler is not accepting resumes from search firms for this position. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms are to be deemed the sole property of Lowenstein Sandler, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Lowenstein Sandler as a result of the referral.
Lowenstein Sandler is an equal opportunity employer.
Lowenstein Sandler LLP - 30+ days ago