Demonstrates the philosophy of the sponsoring Lutheran congregations, through upholding the LSS mission of “Older Adults Living Life to the Fullest”, core values and code of conduct.
Serves as first point of contact for visitors and callers, greeting, assisting and directing callers, visitors, residents and other customers.
Answers phones directing callers, providing basic information, giving directions and taking and conveying messages.
Accepts various paperwork and deliveries and performs basic clerical tasks such as filing, typing, processing mail and processing work orders.
Follows all safety procedures and protocol as dictated by LSS policy, federal and state regulations and standard practice and reports all hazardous conditions, defective equipment and accidents or incidents to the supervisor immediately.
Person-Directed, Quality Focused Care to including the following:
Leadership and Partnership to include the following:
- Through interaction and observation of resident’s individual preferences, concerns and desires creates and maintains an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm resident environment.
- Takes direction and cues from each resident as an individual to tailor their interactions with and care of each resident based on direction and feedback from the resident.
- Actively participates in continuous quality improvement and looks for ways to make things better and listens to and shares ideas.
- Protect and support resident rights and immediately reports any violations to the appropriate personnel.
Learning and Teaching Centered to include the following:
- Takes active role in providing quality care and services, contributing to resident/customer outcomes and the organization’s success.
- Takes initiative. If you know something needs to be done, do it.
- Shares thoughts, ideas and suggestions and provides input when requested.
- Accepts responsibility for doing job the right way and admits and learns from mistakes.
- Contributes to making everyone feel that they belong. Do not offend, make fun of, embarrass or gossip about coworkers.
- Open to new ideas, different points of view and changes.
- Discusses and resolves differences constructively, shares concerns appropriately and directly with those involved and/or obtains direction from supervisor or Human Resources.
- Practices good stewardship, uses resources wisely and responsibly.
Customer Service Driven in interactions with residents, family members, co-workers and all other customers to include the following:
- Encourages and supports residents to continue to maintain independence and to continually learn and grow, encouraging them to live life to the fullest.
- Looks for and helps to create new opportunities for residents to participate and/or make a contribution.
- Seeks opportunities to grow skills and knowledge, whether through formal or informal means.
- Attends and participates in scheduled training and educational classes, orientation programs, and activities.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability
- Friendly to residents, families and coworkers. Smiles and uses basic manners, such as greeting people in a warm manner, offering to help, and thanking customers for the opportunity to serve them.
- Answers phones in a polite manner, greeting the caller, giving your name and asking what you can do for the caller.
- Shows concern for customers by listening closely, apologizes for any problems, is supportive and makes sure everyone feels appreciated and valued.
- Provides service always identifying yourself and explaining what you are doing.
- Respects privacy, follows HIPPA requirements, only shares information on an as needed basis and always knocks on resident’s door before entering.
- Represents the organization and coworkers in a positive light to residents, family members and other customers.
Education: High School diploma or GED required.
Certification/Licensure: No Certification or Licensure required.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general and professional documents. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations.
Computer Operations: Basic computer skills, retrieving data and data entry and word processing.
Other Required Characteristics
Must have patience and be willing and able to handle emotionally upset residents and family members.
Supervision: General supervision: routine duties are performed with minimal supervision; standard practices and procedures allow employee to work independently; occasional check of work while in progress; work is reviewed upon completion.
Reports to: Office Manager or other department manager.
Supervises: No supervisory responsibilities.
Lutheran Senior Services is a faith-inspired, mission-driven organization that exists for those we serve. Ranked as the 10th largest...