**Please Note that this is a Part-time role
This position represents the Auction in a professional and courteous manner by ensuring that all callers, visitors, customers, and vendors are greeted professionally and efficiently, and are directed to the appropriate personnel.
• Operate PBX or multi-line telephone system to answer incoming calls. Answer questions about the Auction and provide callers with address, directions and other information.
• Receive and route telephone calls in a courteous and efficient manner to the appropriate personnel or department.
• Operate PA paging system as necessary assuring that only authorized pages are broadcast. Take and deliver messages to appropriate personnel or transfer calls to voicemail as necessary.
• Greet and welcome on-site visitors, customers and vendors, determine nature of business and notify appropriate personnel.
• Receive, sort, and route mail and publications. Update appointment calendars.
• Maintain fax machines, assist users, send faxes, and retrieve and route incoming faxes.
• Create and print fax cover sheets, memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents when necessary.
• Provide training instruction for relief receptionist/switchboard operator.
• Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
• Perform other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor, i.e., filing, copying, collating, record keeping, accept job applications, etc.
• May be required to work overtime as business needs dictate.
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• 1 - 2 years of switchboard and customer service experience required.
• Familiarity with Auction systems, processes, and employees preferred.
• Effective communication and organizational skills required.
• Must be able to operate PBX or multi-line phone system, as well as other office equipment (i.e., copier, fax machine, etc.).
• Basic computer software skills required.
• Commitment to providing excellent customer service required.
• General understanding of auction departments and processes preferred.
• Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
• Ability to perform repetitive data entry tasks, manual dexterity.
• Vision abilities required include close, distance and depth perception.
Our company values the health and financial well-being of its employees and provides a variety of health care programs, which includes medical, dental, vision, employee and dependent life insurance, long-term disability and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for health care and dependent care expenses. The Company believes financial security in retirement is important and offers a 401(k) Savings Plus Plan as well as company-funded Pension Plan.
Manheim was established in 1945 as a wholesale vehicle auction operation. Today, with 20,000 employees at 106 operating locations in 14 countries, Manheim is the world’s leading provider of vehicle remarketing services. Manheim has set the industry standard for buying and selling used vehicles at live auctions and online. In 2012, Manheim handled nearly 8 million used vehicles, facilitating transactions representing more than $50 billion in value.
A subsidiary of Atlanta-based Cox Enterprises, Manheim is transforming the wholesale vehicle buying and selling experience through investments in technology and innovative products and services. Manheim brings together qualified sellers and volume buyers of used vehicles that include automotive dealerships, banks, car rental agencies, car manufacturers and government agencies. Manheim offers its customers a reliable and secure market in which to purchase a variety of vehicles and services that no other remarketing provider can match.
Follow us on the following Social Media websites:
Organization : Manheim
Primary Location : US-CA-Oceanside-4691 Calle Joven
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Shift : Day Job -
Schedule : Part-time
Unposting Date : Ongoing
- 10 months ago - save job
Manheim is a wheeler dealer from way back that trades cars like stocks. With about 145 locations worldwide, the firm is the nation's...