Position is responsible for greeting visitors at the NEOMED information desk in a friendly and consistent manner, issuing visitor badges, answering and forwarding incoming calls and contacting campus departments to alert them that their guests have arrived. The position will also serve as an information repository to positively inform individuals where meetings and events are taking place on campus, and inform of details on campus news, as requested. The position will also accept small packages and call departments/person to pick up and will direct large packages to Campus Operations, and assist with light clerical duties as assigned by the Office of Public Relations and Marketing.
Greet and process incoming visitors. Answer main switchboard and transfer calls to appropriate parties.
1) Greet visitors at the main desk of campus in a friendly and consistent manner, issue visitors badges and alert campus departments in a timely manner.
2) Ensure inventory of items needed (badges, etc.) is stocked, event and visit lists are updated on a weekly basis, contact lists are kept current, and workspace is maintained in a neat and orderly manner.
3) Answer queries from the public in a positive manner – stay informed on current and upcoming events by reading the weekly eIgnite, newsletter and quarterly Ignite magazine, checking the website home page each day, and reading information received via email each day.
4) Assist with light clerical duties, as requested.
4) Answer all incoming phone calls to University switchboard; route calls to appropriate parties or provide appropriate information as needed.
High school diploma required; Minimum of two years working in a public-facing position; Experience managing a multi-line phone system;
Read, speak and write English; Experience using email and Microsoft Word
Previous experience as a receptionist or administrative assistant preferred; Higher education or health care experience preferred; Experience in Microsoft Office using Outlook, Word and Excel preferred
Sitting for long periods of time
NEOMED - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard