City: Los Angeles
Postal/Zip Code: 90022
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope™, a division of Oldcastle, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
Job Description: Receptionist
Department: Administration Location: Los Angeles FLSA: Nonexempt Reports To: Human Resources Manager
The Receptionist will be responsible for operating the telephone switchboard and enthusiastically greeting all guests entering the main office building, assisting with administrative tasks, and performing other various duties requested by the Human Resources and General Manager, as needed.
The shift for this position will be Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Primarily responsible for answering and directing all incoming calls to the appropriate people.
- Retrieve and forward messages received on the general mail box.
- Greet all visitors and applicants in a professional and courteous manner.
- Assist the customer with basic requests, such as address and fax numbers.
- Monitor visitor access and maintain security awareness.
- Signing for packages, receiving and sorting incoming mail and distributing to the appropriate people and preparing outgoing mail.
- Maintain front desk appearance and cleanliness.
- Assist with other administrative duties and day-to-day tasks as needed.
Other duties as assigned
Works under the direct supervision of the Human Resources Manager.
This position does not supervise other personnel.
- This position requires one (1) year of prior receptionist, administrative, clerical, or customer service experience.
- This position requires previous experience with extremely busy phone lines and has a general understanding of phone systems.
- This position requires someone who has excellent phone etiquette, possesses exceptional interpersonal skills, and is customer service driven.
- This position requires working knowledge of MS Office (Word and Excel).
- This position requires the ability to handle confidential information and use discretion while performing job tasks.
- Appropriate dress, customer service, and organizational skills will be required to do the job well.
- This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
Physical Work Demands
- Able to sit and work at a desk for extended periods of time.
- Able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis.
- Able to perform general office administrative activities: using the telephone, copying, filing, and delivering.
- Able to lift and move up to 25 pounds occasionally.
Mental Work Demands
- Regular and on-time attendance.
- Hours 40 hours per week some overtime may be required, no travel will be required.
Note: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
WHAT OLDCASTLE OFFERS YOU
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
One of our employees says it best…
“The great thing about Oldcastle is there never seems to be a shortage of opportunities." – Anass
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...