Provides both facilities management and receptionist services within the Pentair Corporate Office by performing various clerical and related duties. Answers incoming telephone calls and appropriately directs calls or takes and delivers messages. Greets and directs visitors. Performs various clerical duties, including mail distribution, flow of correspondence, and requisition of supplies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates multiple-call telephone switchboard console and routes calls to the appropriate person or location within the headquarters office. Exercises discretion and interpretive judgment in frequent and sometimes stressful contacts with public.
- Manages main voicemail box and vendor voicemail box to ensure timely responses.
- Greets customers, vendors, job applicants, employees from other locations and other visitors with high degree of professionalism and courtesy. Maintains sign in log and security of lobby area during normal business hours.
- Maintains safe, clean, visually appealing lobby area.
- Maintains front-desk standard work process manual; documents work activities and maintains up-to-date documentation.
- Maintains continuity by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and potential improvements for managing customer calls that come to the headquarters office. Documents all incoming customer calls to ensure accurate information is provided to the customer and GBUs, and to identify opportunities where additional information is needed.
- Receives maintenance requests from employees, works with building maintenance and engineering staff to resolve issues and coordinate repairs as needed, and follows up to ensure maintenance is complete.
- Fosters collaboration and teamwork with administrative staff and other employees.
- Occasionally provides back-up/overflow administrative assistance such as typing letters, preparing reports, maintaining files and entering data into spreadsheets.
- Manages vendors, including requesting and evaluating proposals, scheduling service calls, resolving service lapses, etc.
- Orders, maintains, and organizes all office supplies (e.g. paper, envelopes, folders, binders, etc) to ensure appropriate supplies are available to HQ employees when and where needed.
- Maintains all HQ conference rooms to provide a neat, orderly appearance and appropriate supplies.
- Plans and organizes food and beverages for meetings; contacts caterers, sets up/cleans up dishes and food.
- Ensures accurate, timely validation of and payment of invoices for vendors, maintenance, supplies, etc. related to the reception desk and facilities.
- Sorts and distributes incoming and outgoing mail.
- Processes FEDX/UPS and courier packages, makes arrangements for pickup, and ensures that incoming packages are received by the addressee in a timely way.
- Ensures that office maintenance/aesthetic issues are identified and resolved on a daily basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements & Skills
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED required; College degree preferred
- Five or more years of experience as a receptionist in a corporate environment or relevant, client-facing customer service experience
- Diplomatic, collaborative, and service-oriented; builds and maintains strong working relationships with a variety of personalities and organizational levels
- Consistently demonstrates professional demeanor; skillfully addresses conflicts and other sensitive interpersonal situations
- Ability to remain calm, poised, and interpersonally effective under pressure
- Exhibits superior verbal communication and phone skills
- Logical problem-solving ability
- Anticipates challenges and key deliverables in advance of deadlines and expressed needs
- Self-disciplined, organized, and process and detail oriented; plans and manages workload and calendar to ensure timely, complete, and accurate work
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and a results orientation
- Absolute integrity; protects confidential and sensitive material and acts with integrity at all times
- Assertive and resourceful; willing to ask questions and take initiative without direction
- Tolerant of ambiguity; keeps work moving forward even when faced with uncertainty and/or changing circumstances
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills, including the ability to create charts and graphs, PowerPoint presentations, and use basic formulas to manipulate data using Excel
- Physical requirements include the ability to speak to and hear callers using the phone system, operate a switchboard console and computer keyboard, move around the office to make deliveries, check and organize supplies, and set up meeting rooms, and to lift boxes of approximately 10 lbs for shipping or supply stocking
Pentair is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pentair is pumped about water! Water & Fluid Solutions, the company's largest segment, manufactures water flow and filtration...