Thank you for your interest in Piedmont HealthCare . Our physicians have been providing state of the art medical care to Statesville, NC area residents since 1996. As one of the largest employers in the area, Piedmont HealthCare is a vital part of the communities we serve, offering competitive wages and benefits. If you want to excel in your field while living in a community that offers small town charm within an hour of Charlotte and just a couple of hours from the beach or mountains then we’re the place for you!
Must have medical office receptionist experience
Current work schedule is work as needed
Must be flexible to work days, evenings and weekends
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Responsible for greeting customers, answering telephones taking telephone messages, making appointments and registrations, calling patients to remind of appointments, making referral appointments with due diligence, verifying insurance coverage, collecting payment from patients, filing patient notes in charts, re-filing charts, scanning insurance cards, face sheets, charts, etc., making copies of patient’s insurance cards and patient notes, making appropriate copies of medical records to send to other physicians, providing information, communicating with departments.
1. Greets customers in polite, prompt, helpful manner. Provides any necessary
instructions/directions. Informs appropriate department/person of person’s
arrival. Additionally, receives visitors and drug representatives and notifies
2. Completes necessary paperwork, such as encounter forms. Uses computer
system to generate information necessary for billing.
3. Updates patient information, collects co-pays, provides any necessary forms
needing completion, and obtains signatures as necessary.
4. Maintains clean, orderly waiting area and reading materials.
5. Answers phone in pleasant manner and deals with customer needs
6. Supplements office staff as reception tasks permit by assisting with
photocopying, computer input/typing, scheduling laboratory or radiology work
7. Counts cash drawer daily and goes to bank as necessary.
8. Opens and closes office at appointed time.
9. Collect, sort, distribute and prepare mail as assigned by office.
10. Key charges and makes any edits as necessary as assigned by office.
11. Checks and maintains office supply inventory as assigned by office.
12. Preparation of prescriptions to pharmacies as assigned by office.
13. Maintains HIPAA compliance at all times.
14. Attends office staff meetings, records minutes and maintains in a file
accessible to all staff.
15. Such other and further responsibilities as may be deemed necessary.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Knowledge of reception tasks, clinic policies/procedures, paperwork.
2. Knowledge of how to use office equipment including phone, computer.
3. Knowledge of customer service concepts and techniques.
4. Skill in using office equipment satisfactorily and handling paperwork/filing adequately.
5. Skill in customer service principles by creating a pleasant waiting room atmosphere.
6. Ability to communicate clearly in person and on the phone and establish/maintain
cooperative relationships with patients, families, physicians, staff and other
7. Ability to organize and prioritize tasks effectively.
8. Ability to read, understand and follow oral written instructions. Can file correctly by alphabetic or numeric systems.
Keyword: Receptionist, medical receptionist, healthcare, front desk
From: Piedmont Healthcare
Piedmont Healthcare - 13 months ago