Public Health Foundation Enterprises invites applications for the full-time position of Receptionist. Under the supervision of the Deputy Director, Finance & Operations, the Receptionist serves as the initial point of contact for participants, the general public, and guests visiting Bridge HIV at the San Francisco Department of Public Health.The Receptionist greets and provides needed information, or contacts individuals with whom visitors have appointments. The Receptionist also takes incoming calls and directs calls as appropriate. The Receptionist provides operational and administrative support as needed.
Bridge HIV is a grant-funded research unit affiliated with the San Francisco Department of Public Health and the University of California San Francisco. The Section has been searching for new and innovative ways to fight HIV/AIDS since the onset of the epidemic in the early 1980s. The Bridge HIV Investigators are global leaders in HIV vaccine and prevention science, epidemiology of HIV infection, HIV medication adherence, combination HIV prevention strategies, and HIV research training methods.
Research Study Reception:
- Oversee reception desk and waiting area.
- Greet research study participants, guests and staff. Determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort visitors to specific destinations.
- Schedule study participant appointments via online appointment system (Appointments Pro).
- Make study participant appointment reminder phone calls.
- Manage study participant stipends/incentives.
- Operate multi-line telephone system to answer, screen and forward calls, provide information, and take messages.
- Receive mail and packages, and distribute as appropriate; assist courier/messenger service personnel.
- Deliver interoffice mail as required.
- Liaise with other San Francisco Department of Public Health receptionist teams to troubleshoot and resolve overarching administrative issues such as conference room bookings and conflicts via the online room scheduler.
- Assist in creating a reception area schedule and back-up plan.
Assist and back up the Operations Administrator with management of section-wide issues such as:
- Existing, new and departing employee phones, keys and 24 hour access.
- Facility emergency plan.
- Copier and other office equipment (e.g., fax, shredders, etc.), including meter reads, procurement of supplies, and service request responses
- Property management-related issues.
- Telephone system issues.
- Key, lock and security issues.
- Equipment and furniture orders, maintenance and repairs.
- Assist with special administrative-related projects.
- Manage clinical and office Supply order and purchasing
- Update documents, e.g., sign-in sheets, office telephone directory.
- Assist with conference room bookings and meeting setup as needed.
- Assist or provide backup with inventory and ordering of office supplies for teams as needed.
- Maintain office paper supply.
- Maintain mailroom, supply storage room, and first-aid supplies.
- Maintain conference room supplies.
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and willingness/ability to learn new computer programs as needed.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, business administration and communication skills.
- Evidence of sound judgment, trouble-shooting skills, and creative problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple assignments and to produce materials on tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to take individual initiative and to collaborate effectively on teams.
- Knowledge and experience with Medical Office or Research Study scheduling software.
- Conversant in Spanish.
- Interest in HIV/AIDS research-and community-based initiatives.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to diverse communities, particularly communities of color and gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender communities.
- Knowledge, skill or ability with social media based communication, promotion and marketing
- BA/BS in related field or a combination of relevant experience and education.
- Five years Medical Office or Research Study intake experience.
Handling / Fingering Occasionally
Reach Outward Occasionally
Reach Above Shoulder Occasionally
Climb, Crawl, Kneel, Bend Occasionally
Lift / Carry Occasionally - Up to 50 lbs
Push/Pull Occasionally - Up to 50 lbs
Taste/ Smell Not Applicable
Not Applicable Not required for essential functions
Occasionally (0 - 2 hrs/day)
Frequently (2 - 5 hrs/day)
Constantly (5+ hrs/day)
- General Office Setting, Indoors Temperature Controlled
Representatives of communities affected by health disparities are strongly encouraged to apply.
PHFE is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages minorities, women, veterans, and disabled to apply.
Public Health Foundation Enterprises - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard