Represents the clinic in a professional, courteous and efficient manner by covering for department receptionists through a flexible schedule. Performs various office and clerical duties.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES MAY INCLUDE:
· Answers telephone, screens calls, takes messages, schedules appointments and provides information.
· Is alert to credit issues while following the Credit and Collection Policy 50.10.21.
· Makes ongoing calls to: confirm or cancel appointments ;order films; request consult forms
· Reviews tasks in HAC daily and completes in a timely manner
· Reviews patients in HAC for upcoming appointments that need backfilling forms completed
· May check-in new and established patients when they present for an appointment to verify their demographic and insurance information and make appropriate changes. Secure appropriate signature(s).
· Greet patients in a positive and friendly manner. Smiling and making eye contact when they approach the reception desk.
· May record insurance information and inform patient of any co-pays due.
· May receive payments and give general information regarding patient accounts.
· May receive and process insurance claim information and forms from patients.
· Enters marked form for Family, Social and Medical History in HAC
· Reviews/Prints provider’s schedule for next day to maintain accuracy
· Locates medical records as needed; maintains chart.
· Makes photocopies / faxes as necessary for department.
· Demonstrates positive interpersonal relations in dealing with the public, providers and staff; and effectively adheres to the mission and values of the organization at all times.
· Schedules recheck appointments at check-out desk.
· Schedules labs, x-rays and other services as instructed.
· Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); previous office/customer service experience and/or training in medical setting preferred; medical terminology; or a combination of education and experience.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Intermediate keyboard and computer skills; Good communication skills; Ability to handle multiple line telephone and basic office equipment; Professional demeanor and attitude; Ability to handle stressful situations; Ability to work effectively with others. Ability to be flexible in work schedule. Medical terminology helpful.
Quincy Medical Group - 11 months ago