Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers
sale site is looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated person to join the excitement of our auction business as our
. This position is a great starting point to learn about our business and understand the importance of creating a great customer experience for every customer every time they deal with Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers.
What we offer:
Our success is built on the drive, initiative and dedication of our people. As we continue to grow around the globe, there are endless opportunities to advance your career – we’ve proven this throughout our 50+years in business. And, we’ll help you achieve your own professional goals. Here’s how:
- Base salary + paid overtime and comprehensive benefits.
- 401(K) and an Employee Share Plan, both with company match.
- Ongoing training, professional development and tuition reimbursement.
As our front line receptionist, you will create a positive first impression for customers and other visitors. In this role you will:
- Answer all incoming calls.
- Greet customers and other visitors, and answer inquiries.
- Handle incoming and outgoing courier packages and mail.
- Data entry of contracts, appraisals, etc.
- Event planning for pre-sale cocktail parties and other functions.
- Prepare correspondence such as letters, faxes, and purchase orders.
- Order and maintain inventory of basic office supplies.
- Make travel arrangements and auction travel packages for management staff.
- Maintain and update auction brochure rack.
- File, photocopy and fax as required.
Here's what you'll bring:
- At least one year of experience as a receptionist or office assistant.
- High school graduate with some post-secondary education considered an asset.
- A proven commitment to providing fantastic customer service.
- A friendly, out-going personality and a pleasant phone manner.
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Good knowledge of and experience with MS Word and Excel are required.
- Accurate typing and data entry skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Some junior level accounting experience would be nice to have.
- Some prior experience with vehicle documents would be ideal.
- A positive, can-do attitude.
- A high degree of personal integrity.
It’s important for you to note that:
- You will be working 8 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday.
- You will be required to maintain a valid, clean driver’s license.
- You will be required to work extended overtime hours, including evenings and weekends surrounding scheduled auction events 5 times a year.
Office/Auction Site Location
Permanent Full Time
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers began as a family business in Kelowna, Canada. Three brothers -- Dave, Ken and John -- conducted their first...