Safeway Inc., a Fortune 100 Company, is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 1,300+ stores. The Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Corporate Facilities Department has an opening for a Receptionist. This position will be located in Pleasanton, California.
Attend to visitors and deal with inquiries on the phone and face to face for Corporate offices and/or the Northern California Division. Supply information regarding the organization to visitors, vendors and employees. Ensure that a high level of customer service and satisfaction is provided on a consistent basis.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver excellent customer service when answering telephone, screening and directing calls for Corporate and Northern California Division offices. Process calls to the appropriate party in an efficient and effective manner, including taking and relaying messages and providing information to callers.
- Make eye contact and sincerely greet visitors, vendors and employees entering organization and direct them to the correct destinations.
- Stay current and ensure knowledge of staff movements in and out of organization to ensure proper distribution of calls. Assist in maintaining the company directory for any changes to the employee roster.
- Participate in monthly rotation of lobby buildings.
- Assist in the development of the receptionist Knowledge Base (KB) site for use of console equipment, FAQs and other helpful information for backup operators.
- Provide general clerical support to Administrative Services and backup support for Facilities Management Help Desk as schedule allows.
- Maintain a clean and professional workspace at all times.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Prior experience handling telephone console for large, Fortune 100 Corporate (minimum 2,500 employees).
- 2 - 4 years’ experience in fast-paced corporate environment.
- 1 - 2 years knowledge of Safeway operations and organizational structure.
- Knowledge of Intellidesk phone system a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of customer service principles and practices; strong customer service orientation.
- Professional personal presentation.
- Excellent phone manner.
- Excellent knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of computers and relevant Microsoft Office software applications; good keyboard skills.
- Flexible regarding working hours.
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting www.CareersAtSafeway.com on your computer or mobile device.
Diversity is fundamental at Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace – all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Safeway Corp. - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard
For many Americans, "going to Safeway" is synonymous with "going to the grocery store." Safeway is one of North...