Under the general supervision of the Administration Executive Coordinator, performs all receptionist and clerical duties for the Administration Office. The Receptionist ensures that visitors to Administration are welcomed in a warm, friendly and professional manner. The Receptionist must be highly dependable and trustworthy in handling sensitive and/or confidential information.
Knowledge, Skill & Abilities:
• Excellent receptionist and secretarial skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
• Ability to deal effectively with many people across a broad range of cultural backgrounds and ages.
• Exceptional organization and time management skills.
• Ability to prioritize, organize and coordinate work.
• Ability to work effectively with many people at various levels of the organization.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and appropriately prioritize.
• Ability to clearly communicate with internal and external customers, including, but not limited to, patients, co-workers, management, physicians, and visitors.
• Ability to present professional image via telephone or in-person, even under pressure.
• Ability to maintain patient confidentiality and privacy in accordance to hospital policy.
• Complies with hospital, department and unit standards including, but not limited to, safety, CPR, infection prevention, quality management, environmental, confidentiality, and patient care.
• Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional practice in regard to:
o Attendance, punctuality and patient confidentiality.
o Positive public relation image and working relationships.
o Completing all mandatory requirements, including annual safety programs and annual physical.
• Fields telephone calls, receive and directs visitors.
• Performs general filing, faxing, copying, and couriering as needed.
• Opens and sorts incoming correspondence including mail, faxes, and email.