The Receptionist is responsible for the managing the front desk ‘flow of traffic’, including phone calls, deliveries, security and supporting overall facility needs. This position requires a high level of customer service, greeting and assisting all visitors, external associates, job candidates, vendors and other office guests in a courteous and professional manner.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES :
- Oversee front desk by keeping lobby area clean and presentable. Greet associates/guests to Talbots -- be familiar with associate names, titles and key executives from other corporate locations.
- Answer and direct phone calls by forwarding to correct person or taking messages.
- Partner with Office Manager to maintain space and equipment in complete functioning order – investigate, log and track all requests from start to completion, coordinating repairs, service appointments and ensuring follow up of resolution to appropriate parties.
- Manage process for all supply ordering and ensure that the facilities supply inventories are maintained.
- Oversee conference room and equipment reservations -- coordinate with Mailroom Administrator on set up and clean up of rooms after conclusion of meetings.
- Conduct new hire/freelance set up of access keys/cards for building, set up IT/IS requests, desk/workstation set up and partner with Office Manager to ensure all new hire operational needs are met.
- Conduct termination process and shut down of computer access, deactivate all access keys/cards, update global email distribution lists; work with team manager to ensure all separation operation needs are met and closed down.
- Provide backup support to mailroom as needed – have full understanding of operations and processes.
- Arrange for messenger service.
- Coordinate regular updates of NY phone list and global address book to ensure accuracy and up to date information.
- Monitor security cameras and report suspicious activity to Office Manager.
- Maintain office safety and compliance with building rules and fire safety regulations by partnering with building to coordinate annual fire safety training -- update charts/paperwork accordingly.
- Manage guest security badges distribution.
- High school diploma required.
- Proficient in Outlook, Excel and Word systems.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong follow-up skills and ability to manage up.
- Ability to handle change, multitask and problem solve.
- Team player who enjoys a collaborative work environment.
- Key attention to detail.
In the trend-driven world of women's fashion, The Talbots is a 'head-to-toe' constant. Although it flirted with hipper...