The Receptionist is responsible for facilitating communication on a multi-line phone system between customers or clients, and the Company, as well as among employees. This person serves visitors by greeting, welcoming and directing them in a professional, pleasant manner. Provides information regarding activities conducted at establishment, location of departments, offices, and employees within the organization
The Receptionist is expected to have the switchboard open and operating promptly at 8:15 and throughout the day until 5:00 p.m. Relief switchboard coverage will be provided for a forty-five(45) minute lunch, as well as morning and afternoon breaks of 10 minutes each. The Receptionist should work with relief coverage to determine appropriate times for lunch and break.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPSONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitates communication by routing incoming calls to appropriate party’s extension or voice mail
- Greet guests in a professional, friendly, and hospitable manner
- Maintains security by ensuring all visitors and guests are issued visitor badges, and that they sign the visitor log.
- Open and close visitor area (locking doors, turning off lights)
- Provide information about establishment such as location of departments or offices, employees within the organization, or services provided
- Receives customer payments for storage
- Coordinates FedEx. UPS, DHL shipping and receiving orders
- Orders office supplies for office from Corporate Express and Staples
- Use good judgment in all situations; always demonstrate a ‘can do’ attitude regardless of request
- Treat every customer and co-worker as we ourselves would like to be treated – be polite, courteous, honest, and responsible
- Listen and learn from customers. Ensure customer satisfaction by proactively seeking input, recommending solutions, and solving problems through independent thinking.
- Be accountable; take responsibility for any problem and resolving it to the customer’s satisfaction
- Support and resolve administrative activities by maintaining communication flow and serving as a liaison between callers and employees.
- Be attentive to every detail; make customers feel their business is appreciated
- Maintains a friendly and professional environment.
- Ensures special projects from management are completed in a timely manner by performing and coordinating appropriate various clerical duties, such as faxing, or typing/stuffing envelopes, labels, and alphabetizing.
- Maintains customer confidence and protect operations by keeping proprietary information confidential.
- Must maintain a clean, professional, personal appearance
- Maintains a safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules and regulations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Ability to handle multi-line telephone system
- Professional and pleasant phone etiquette
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Ability to maintain flexible attitude and approach towards assignments and successfully operate under ambiguous guidelines.
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment.
- Good knowledge of general office procedures
- Ability to operate telephone, photocopier, scanner, fax machine, and PC workstation.
- Proficient in Computer Software to include Microsoft Word
- Ability to work independently while performing required tasks.
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills
- Professional front office appearance.
- High school diploma or general education degree(GED)
- Six months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and/or written policies, procedures and instructions
- Ability to listen, giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being make, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish is desired but not required.
- Ability to communicate well with others, both orally and in writing, using both technical and non-technical language
- Ability to speak clearly to others to convey information effectively
- Ability to add, subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with occasional variables.
- Ability to discern with other parties need to be involved in validating priorities.
Indeed - 5 months ago