Established Albany based law firm with offices in Washington, DC and Arlington, VA is seeking a Receptionist to join its team. This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest growing law firms in the country (rated by INC Magazine). The firm is also recognized as one of Albany’s Best Places to Work by the Business Review.
The Receptionist is responsible for the professional and efficient managing of visitors, clients, telephone calls and messages, as well as a variety of clerical duties that support client and visitor services and the operation and presentation of a professional office. Evaluates and prioritizes incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail and in-person requests for assistance from clients experiencing problems, requesting information, scheduling or requesting assistance from the firm’s attorneys, office support staff or management team. Day to day activities entail working in an extremely fast paced environment.
1. Promptly, accurately, professionally and courteously receives telephone calls and greets visitors. Ensures that client’s needs and issues are resolved and customer service goals are achieved on a daily basis.
2. Promptly, accurately, professionally and courteously assesses received calls/inquiries and directs and/or records and relays messages.
3. Adept at using all features of the telephone system and voicemail.
4. Signs for deliveries when necessary and notifies recipients.
5. Exhibits genuine concern for clients and visitors and always conducts oneself appropriately and professionally.
6. Performs routine office tasks necessary for the operation and presentation of a professional office as directed by the Director of Client Relations.
7. Offers client and business contacts refreshments.
8. Cleans conference rooms and reception space as needed.
Qualifications and Experience:
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
2. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
3. Ability to write simple correspondence.
4. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the firm.
5. Knowledge of: Internet Explorer; Microsoft Excel; Microsoft Outlook; Microsoft Word.
Interested applicants should send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements via email. Responses to this ad with omitted requirements will not be considered.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Competitive salary based on employment history and education. Benefits include firm subsidized medical coverage, dental, 401K, standard vacation and holidays.