Greet, instruct, direct and schedule patients and visitors. Process patients through computerized system, prepare patient charts Serve as a liaison between patient and medical support staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Greet patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner.
- Answer telephone, screen and direct calls, takes messages and provides information.
- Determine patient’s needs and processes according to type of case.
- Complete computer system intake at time of arrival. Clock in status and insure proper authorization.
- Prepare new patient's medical charts with correct information and paperwork.
- Issue forms to patients for completion, give clear instructions and offer assistance.
- Review all forms for completion and signatures. Obtain patient signature and follow all other company procedures.
- Record all fee tickets and patient names on appropriate log.
Pull charts of patients to be seen the following day and prepare supplemental status report.
- Check in patients, verify and update necessary information in the medical record.
- Assist patients with ambulatory difficulties.
Insure customer requirements for visits are properly followed and highlighted.
- Highlight those instructions for the physician. Obtain client authorization for treatment if the patient has not brought in a treatment authorization slip.
- Screen visitors and respond to routine requests for information.
At time of discharge review physician notes and instructions with patient, schedule patient for follow ups in accordance with employer instructions.
- Check patient out and give required paperwork, as needed to patient. Review employer info prior to patient leaving.
Fulfill and forward all client correspondence needs ASAP after discharge of patient (i.e., visit/status notes, etc.).
- Maintain work area and lobby in neat and orderly manner.
Call client regarding “no shows”. Call patient and reschedule next appointment.
- Collate charge tickets and reconcile with patient sign in log.
File charts, physician’s report, etc.
- Type correspondence as directed. Sort and deliver mail, medical records and other correspondence.
- Maintain appointment book and follow office scheduling policies.
Utilize formal channels of communication to report concerns, personal requests and patient issues.
- Respect patients' right to privacy and confidentiality.
Maintain an orderly and professional working atmosphere.
Report to work properly dressed according to the approved dress code.
- Adhere to guidelines concerning working hours and break periods.
- Understand and follow department's organizational policies and procedures.
- Assist center manager in prioritizing work activities, evaluating effectiveness and modifying activities when necessary.
Meet deadlines for work assignments and inform work status and progress to supervisor.
- Communicate and cordially work with other staff to ensure efforts are coordinated and a high quality of service is provided.
Perform related work as requested.
- Excellent telephone manners and etiquette.
- Typing or word processing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Detail-orientated, organized and self-motivated.
- Ability to pleasantly interact with patients, clients, payors and co-workers.
- Desire to meet and exceed client and patient needs and expectations.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written directions in English.
- Ability to complete assigned projects and meet deadlines.
- Sufficient knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling to correctly enter patient information into the computer.
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely.
- Ability to sort and file materials correctly in alphabetical or numerical systems.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Ability to use correct body mechanics in order to avoid repetitive motion and other injuries related to office work.
- Knowledge of company programs, services and resources available to patients.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Prefer one year experience in a medical office position, preferably related to Workers' Compensation. Knowledge of medical terminology desirable. Computer and word processing experience.
U.S. HealthWorks Medical Group - 13 months ago
Getting workers back on the job is the aim of U.S. HealthWorks. The company is one of the largest providers of occupational health, physical...