Answer phones and provide administrative support.
Major Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Answering incoming calls in a timely manner and to project a friendly and "willingness to help" attitude.
- Responsible for directing calls to the appropriate employee/department and screening calls as necessary.
- Manage all mailroom activities. Distribute incoming faxes, mail packages, post outgoing mail and coordinate FedEx/ UPS pick-ups with Materials division. Order supplies.
- Greet and direct visitors. Welcome on-site visitors and provide assistance to them as needed (i.e., directions, taxi service, etc).
- Prepare and distribute the weekly RTP schedule and post to the shared drive.
- Assist other employees by performing various administrative duties that are consistent with achieving our business goals (i.e., expense accounts, travel, creating files, catering requirements, etc) and assist with conference room scheduling when needed.
- Coordinate with security to ensure proper access and egress procedures are met.
- Place service calls when necessary.
- Creating, updating and maintaining training records for all employees in the RTP office per FDA protocol.
- All other duties as assigned
- One year office experience
Language Skills Required:
- Professionalism and a pleasant voice.
- Ability to write routine correspondence and to be easily understood when welcoming visitors and answering phones.
PC Skills and Other Software/Hardware Skills Required:
- Must demonstrate competency with basic word processing and excel.
Other Skills / Qualifications Required:
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Flexible, adaptable, ability to multi-task and handle multiple telephone calls and inquiries at the same time.
United Therapeutics Corporation - 4 months ago