JOB LISTING FOR A RECEPTIONIST IN
KING OF PRUSSIA, PA!
A Whelan Receptionist provides support and assistance in areas of customer service including but not limited to: greeting visitors and customers, maintaining visitor logs, answering and transferring phone calls, etc.
This is an entry-level administrative and clerical support position to an Area or Branch Office. Individual’s performance will be evaluated based on, but not limited to, achieving positional goals and objectives, assisting in meeting branch and/ or area goals and objectives and on providing quality customer service to both external and internal customers.
A Whelan Receptionist must represent Whelan's 10 Core Values of Truth-Telling, Promise-Keeping, Respect, Loyalty, Empowerment, Discipline, Leadership, Flexibility, Quality Assurance, and Results while performing the following duties:
• Answer all incoming calls and greet all incoming guests in a timely and courteous manner.
• Ensure phone calls are redirected accordingly.
• Sort and distribute incoming mail.
• Have extensive knowledge and experience with Computers, Microsoft Office and willing to demonstrate such.
• Be able to follow directions & meet deadlines without continuous management or follow-up.
• Have a professional appearance.
• Have the ability to multi-task and assume other non-related duties as needed.
• Have a track record of communicating effectively in past positions.
• Type letters, memos, e-mail messages and reports using a computer or typewriter; check e-mail and Bulletin Board frequently, on a daily basis.
• Maintain confidentiality of all information and data.
• Maintain regular attendance to ensure avoidance of unpredictable, frequent and/or ongoing late arrivals and chronic tardiness.
• Perform variety of clerical duties and responsibilities as assigned or required.
• Two years or more of receptionist experience.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Intermediate or advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office with the capability to use and/or learn to use a computer and peripheral equipment required.
• Math skills to include fractions and percentages.
• Ability to conform to complex procedures.
• Ability to work in a team oriented management environment and to help identify and solve problems.
• Ability to get along with other employees, follow directions, works under stress and continuously improves.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, supervisors and the general public.
• Ability to deal with internal and external customers and to ensure compliance with fair employment practices and perform multiple tasks simultaneously in a timely, courteous and professional manner.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule and to work evenings, weekends and holidays as requested or required.
• Excellent phone etiquette
• Punctual and customer service driven attitude.
• Able to work with minimum supervision.
Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of self, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
Selective Attention - The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
Inductive Reasoning - The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
Far Vision - The ability to see details at a distance.
Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense .
Experience, Work History, and Education:
• Must be at least 21 years of age or older as required by applicable law or contractual requirements.
• Must be able to demonstrate a stable work history with at least one verifiable positive work reference.
• Have evidence of obtaining a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
• Must successfully pass an extensive background screening which will include criminal record checks (local, state and federal), drug test, skills assessment test, interviews, and personality profile.
• Negative result on pre-employment drug screen.
Whelan Security - 13 months ago
With headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri, Whelan Security is a privately-held, family-owned company providing contract security services...