The Recording/QC Specialist is primarily responsible for but is not limited to: The handling of various documents being sent for recording. Dependant on the scope of each project, handling may include the creation of documents ( ex: assignments, satisfactions, allonges, UCC's), quality control review of prepared documents, electronically filing and/or requesting of funds to record documents, tracking and documenting received recorded documents.
• Receive recording packages from Elite Agency.
• Upload documents to electronic recording platform.
• Prepare various documents on Word or StarSuite with 99-100% data entry accuracy.
• Prepare required cover sheets or additional documents per county requirements.
• Perform quality control review on documents prior to recording.
• Calculate recording fees and taxes, order recording fee funds.
• Send documents to county clerk for recording.
• Maintain excel tracking logs.
• Assist manager with miscellaneous recording projects for other departments.
• Utilize task tracking on MSP, research aged and/or outstanding items.
• Provide timely status updates and deliver recorded documents to various departments.
• Scanning various documents into databases.
• Meet internal/external and statutory timeframes.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements)
• Experience in Mortgage Servicing and Origination helpful
• Basic Microsoft Excel & Word knowledge.
• Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
• Self-starter and highly motivated.
• Able to work under predetermined deadlines.
• Knowledge of various mortgage documents and chain of title.
• Experience in online research and dealing with county recording entities to obtain necessary data for daily job functions.
• Able to communicate effectively with management, co-workers, and other departments.
Training and Experience
• 2-3 years of mortgage and/or title industry experience.
• High school diploma or equivalence.
Pre-Employment Screening Includes:
• Credit Check
• Criminal Background Check
• Drug Screen – after offer of employment is extended and before start date
• Past Employment Verification
• Social Security Verification