The Records and Technology Manager will focus on electronic records management. The purpose of this position is to supplement the Corporate Records department at Genentech that develops policy and consults on information issues, provides some operational support, and develops and delivers training on records management topics. We expect close collaboration with the Genentech team, and with Roche global partners and stakeholders.
The Records and Technology manager will be responsible for developing strategies to apply records management principles to both structured and unstructured electronically stored information throughout its lifecycle. The candidate needs to be knowledgeable about records management principles and have a deep understanding of systems that enable people to create, use, find, and share information such as document management systems, databases, collaboration applications, archive platforms, email systems, and cloud computing. The candidate will be knowledgeable about emerging technologies and be able to identify records management concerns. Some timely topics include system decommissions, email management, retention and lifecycle management of data in collaborative systems, application of retention periods to electronic records, and recommended formats and other issues related to long term preservation of electronic records. The candidate who assumes this role will also oversee the staff managing the offsite storage services and application.
Who You Are
Bachelors degree, (Master degree preferred) or equivalent experience.
- 12 or more years of related work experience with information science, records management).
- Project management Preferred
- 4 or more years of experience overseeing and guiding the work of less experienced staff members
- 4 or more years of experience leading infrastructure or other special projects
- 2 or more years of experience developing departmental business/operating plans, budget and other resource plans
- Proven expertise supporting 2 or more practice areas
- Consistently provides expertise and support in guiding cross-functional projects/teams to mitigate risks and capitalize on opportunities
- Strong business presentation skills: consistently effective at summarizing and presenting key considerations and decision-points
- Strong influencing skills: proven track record and experience building and cultivating relationships with key partners and stakeholders across organizational levels
- Strong negotiation skills: can effectively drive discussions and decisions toward desired end-results S
- Strong cross-functional teaming skills: has consistently excelled in cross-functional teams and regularly demonstrated him/herself as a leader among peers
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button below.
Genentech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Genentech - 13 months ago
Working Here is Living a Life Inspired
We exist to make a difference to the lives of patients. They inspire us to develop groundbreaking...