Meet Virgin America
Virgin America is a brand new airline dedicated to making flying good again. VA incorporates the Virgin Brand’s world-renowned customer focus and distinctive style, to create a high-value, low-fare airline that offers more: more fun, more options, more comfort, more entertainment and more value.
Are you Virgin enough? Virgin America loves team members with the thirst and creativity to make this the most wowed airline in the sky. In return, we promise to make this a company where inspired people like you will always thrive.
Main Purpose of the Role :
Main Areas of Responsibility :
- To maintain historical aircraft records filing system in fulfilling Company policies, procedures and FAA requirements.
- The Aircraft Records Analyst will focus on setting and ensuring Virgin America Aircraft Records are compliant with FAA and Company requirements.
- Responsible for development and integrity of the aircraft records filing system and compliance with related Company policy and procedures. The Aircraft Records Analyst will ensure timely and accurate data entry of all aircraft records of all aircraft maintenance documentation. Conduct historical research as required for internal audits.
- Ensures the maintenance, reviews and recommends process improvements for aircraft records and compliance tracking.
- Maintain the required databases for records and historical filing.
- Tracks and records the vendor related historical records (off-wing component maintenance, engine build-up, etc.).
- Ensure the accuracy of the records retained in the Maintenance & Engineering Tracking System as it relates to aircraft records for items such as - but not limited to - life limited parts, time limits, component changes.
- Coordinate with Quality, Engineering, Vendors, Maintenance Partners, Scheduling and Maintenance to ensure aircraft and related components are tracked properly.
- Perform daily audits on technician and Records Analysts entries into the Maintenance & Engineering Tracking System - reviewing to ensure entries are complete.
- Organize and review all changes to Maintenance Program, aircraft flight times, aircraft log pages, and maintenance activities that have been performed on the aircraft to ensure compliance in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulations and Virgin America GMM.
Professional Experience Required :
- Ensure all maintenance records received into Aircraft Records are entered into the M&E system by the appropriate personnel on a daily basis.
- Reviews loading of hours / cycles on a daily basis to ensure that they are accurate.
- Enter data correctly into the database system (M&E system, Excel, Adobe, Access databases, etc.) on a daily basis.
- Responsible for reviewing the maintenance paperwork packages for accuracy and accurate sign-offs as outlined in the GMM and applicable regulations.
- Responsible for accurately tracking all serialized components on the aircraft per Virgin America’s Maintenance and Inspection Program and the Maintenance Time Limits manual.
- Maintain familiarity and proper airworthiness of time-controlled items as outlined in the MTL.
- Responsible for component removal and replacement in the maintenance database (M&E system) and ensuring that part numbers and serial numbers are accurate. • Performs other duties as required or directed from the Manager, Planning & Records.
- Have experience utilizing and maintaining historical aircraft records tracking systems
- Have at least 3 years aircraft historical maintenance records experience.
- Confident communicator, comfortable communicating with Senior Management and Maintenance Partner service providers.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams at one time, with an ability to deliver on time.
- Able to strengthen relationships with Maintenance Partners and Vendors maintenance records groups.
- Possess the entrepreneurial spirit of Virgin America Professional Certifications and Education Required:
- Have at least 3 years of Aircraft Records or equivalent experience in a commercial aircraft maintenance environment.
- Possess the entrepreneurial spirit of Virgin America
Virgin America - 18 months ago
An offspring of Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Group, Virgin America took flight just as high fuel prices and a recession rocked the...