The Second Judicial District is accepting applications for a Records Clerk II in the Criminal Records Office. This position is responsible for clerical work in records operations for Criminal Court. This position involves daily contact with attorneys, judicial staff, partner agencies and other courts in the search of requested case files or records. This position requires sound organizational and technical skills, as well as close attention to detail, good communication and decision making skills, along with other knowledge, skills and abilities listed below.
Example of Duties:
Examples listed below may not reflect all duties performed;
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
- Participates in the filing and retrieval of case files and documents;
- Responds to inquiries from attorneys, parties and court employees concerning the location of case files;
- Handles requests for copies of documents, files and records;
- Traces lost, misplaced files or those which have been checked out to ensure their return;
- Maintains accuracy of file tracker in MNCIS: checking in and out of court files;
- Recommends the placement of court files;
- Relocates court files in order to provide space for materials used most frequently;
- Operates standard office equipment such as computer, printer, scanner, copier, fax machine, microfilm equipment;
- Trains other Records Clerks in filing procedures as backup;
- Receipts fees;
- Uses barcode system for file management purposes;
- Maintains court forms inventory;
- answers phones;
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of general office practices and procedures.
Knowledge of the regulations, policies and procedures of the department, specifically applicable rules, statutes, policies and procedures for access to records.
Ability to maintain an accurate record filing system.
Ability to train new employees.
Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, the general public and representatives of other agencies.
Ability to learn, adapt and utilize new technology; including but not limited to e-filing and document management.
Good Computer skills: Microsoft Office, MNCIS, etc.
Good decision making skills.
Good communication skills.
Good organizational skills.
Work involves a significant amount of standing, walking, sitting, talking, lifting and carrying items under 25 pounds such as papers and files, and reaching with hands and arms.
Graduation from an approved high school or vocational school and at least six (6) months experience in records maintenance or any combination of training and work experience which indicates possession of the knowledge, abilities and skills listed above.
Successful candidate will be required to pass a criminal background check.
This position is being posted for bidding, internal and external application simultaneously.
Applications for bidding/internal accepted until 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, June 19, 2012.
Applications for external accepted until 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, June 26, 2012.
An employee bidding for this position can only be considered if his or her current position is in the same, equal or higher class as that of the posted vacancy and governed under the AFSCME Council 5 and 65 union contract.
In accordance with the AFSCME labor agreement, a successful bidder shall serve a probationary period.
Employee must be in good standing to bid/apply for this position.
The 2nd Judicial District Court is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to the principles of diversity. We actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities and persons from diverse backgrounds.
- Current State Employees: Please note that employment provisions (including but not limited to seniority and leave accrual) vary between the three branches of government. If you are considering a transfer to another branch of state government, you are highly encouraged to explore these differences. We recommend that you contact HR for the department where you are currently located and the HR department for the posted position.
Minnesota Judicial Branch - 11 months ago