Join the nearly 10,000 employees who help tens of thousands of people each year learn new academic, technical, and social skills to become more employable and productive citizens. Management & Training Corporation's (MTC) innovative, forward-thinking attitude and culture have made us who we are today.
With a wealth of experience as a leader in the operation of Job Corps centers for the U.S. Department of Labor, MTC began operating correctional facilities for federal, state, and county agencies nearly 25 years ago. With a focus on rehabilitation through education, MTC is now the third largest operator of private adult correctional facilities. MTC offers competitive compensation including comprehensive benefits.
MTC is currently seeking the following:
Responsible for clerical tasks, systems and procedures related to offender records administration in accordance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Mississippi Department of Corrections directives.
1. Operate data processing equipment.
2. Reviews documents to identify offender additions and deletions from the main facility roster.
3. Perform duties including typing correspondence, form letters, accountability forms, status reports and input/output forms in a timely manner.
4. Maintain files on department records, cards, forms and correspondence sent, received and requiring further action.
5. Proofread records or forms, copy needed information from one record to another as required, and file records in offender official record folder.
6. Maintain, update, and file all terminated offender records in accordance with TDCJ directives.
7. Receives, compiles and performs data entry of lay-in information, and initiates the printing and distribution of lay-in passes and rosters.
8. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
9. Maintain accountability of offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
High school diploma or equivalent and one (1) year word processing or computer data entry experience required. Valid driver's license in the state of Mississippi with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
MTC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply by February 23, 2013
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic, vocational,...