The Records Clerk is responsible for routine data entry to records management database; updating and maintenance of on-site files; labeling and assembly of new folders; retrieval, charge-out and delivery of active files. Also responsible for quality checking and re-filing of returned files. The Records Clerk conducts periodic audits and inventories of files in work rooms, offices and workstations.
1. Perform routine data entry required to update the records management system.
2. Maintain files in Records Services, including new file creation and document interfiling.
3. Backs up Records Administrator during any absences.
4. Retrieves, charges out and delivers active and inactive files to authorized users.
5. Conducts periodic inventories of all records held in prime office space and reports results to the Records Administrator.
6. Other duties as specified.
Qualifications and Working Environment:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Education required; college degree preferred.
At least two years of applicable job experience or recent college graduate possessing requisite experience.
Skills and Abilities
Ability to interact and communicate effectively with professionals in other administrative departments as well as attorneys and legal staff
Hardware / Software
Files management software, specifically MDY Filesurf
Personal characteristics that contribute to success in this position are as follows:
Strong work ethic and strong interpersonal skills
Physical Environment and Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature and the like.
2. Position requires some reaching, kneeling and walking.
3. Position required regular lifting of more than 20 pounds.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP is an international law firm of attorneys and public policy advisors. The firm provides business solutions in...