Perform a variety of tasks associated with the management of Military Personnel Records. Collects documents, determines if and where these documents should be maintained. Establish and maintain active and inactive files, adhering to Federal Privacy Act, Freedom of Information Act and Wyoming Military Department policies and procedures.
- Enters large amounts of data into a records management system in a variety of formats (i.e. manually, electronically, etc.).
- Using a records information management system, prepares information for customers in a variety of formats.
- Runs reports from systems and from data collected manually using several sources.
- Inspects records for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare and maintain personnel files for each new military member. File various military documents into personnel files and master files according to the Wyoming Military Department’s policies and procedures.
- Analyze, code and post information from various types of documents for entry into database.
- Purge state file against federal file at time of military members discharge. Prepare files for microfilming.
- Retrieve information and data for response to information requests adhering to Federal Privacy Act, Freedom of Information Act and the Wyoming Military Department policies and procedures.
- Assist walk in customers with search for information or documents.
- Ensure data is collected, compiled and verified to produce quality end-product to be viewed for future use following instructions and established operating procedures.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of basic data entry.
- Knowledge of basic computer usage with regard to word processing/spreadsheets/and database applications.
- Knowledge of principles of data processing using a variety of reporting and database systems in information technology conceptual terms.
- Knowledge of agency policies and procedures.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- May be required to lift at least 25 pounds.
High School Diploma -Plus- 0-2 years of progressive work experience in Records and Data Management.
Preference will be given to applicants with knowledge of Federal and State government systems.
*Please view the Class Specifications (Class Code BARD03) and the State required Minimum Qualifications for this vacancy at:
Successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a Federal Security Clearance.
State of Wyoming - 13 months ago