Under direction, the fully operational classification receives instructions in general terms, utilizes independent judgment within established procedures, guidelines and precedents, and refers some questions and problems to higher levels. This classification requires considerable knowledge of records management in order to perform moderately complex duties in establishing and maintaining records and databases.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES :
1.Prepares, processes, researches, audits, protects, and/or updates records and files relevant to department and operational needs.
2.Maintains records database management system.
3.Abstracts information from records for completion of forms and requests.
4. Develops and revises forms, procedures, and systems to accommodate changes related to processing data, maintenance, and storage of records.
5. Receives, reviews, prepares, processes, maintains, and retrieves and/or distributes information in accordance with established policies and procedures.
6. Processes, retrieves, interprets and/or analyzes data.
7. Maintains a system of data collection.
8. Generates, compiles and analyzes data reports.
9. Serves as primary contact for release and protection of confidential and sensitive records in compliance iwht establilshed policies and guidelines.
10. Assists, advises and responds to customer requests and inquiries concerning completion of forms, records, data, information, and/or University requirements or procedures.
11. Evaluates materials for completeness and accuracy and resolves routine problems.
12. Supervises staff and/or student employees.
13. Performs administrative support functions (e.g. maintains budgeting, accounting, and/or purchasing records; coordinates microfilming process; collects payments; assesses fees; inputs information into computerized data system; keeps deposit data; maintains website; answers telephone)
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
This position provides support to the records management office and Academic Affairs unit of OU- HCOM .
Prepare, process, research, audit, protect and/or update records and files relevant to department and operational needs.
Maintain records database management system and department files; ensure that all records are updated and modified according to record retention schedule.
Collect, process, retrieve, interpret and/or analyze data which is then used to generate reports and complete forms and requests.
Perform administrative support functions (e.g. maintain budgeting, accounting and/or purchasing records; coordinate microfilming/scanning process; collect payments; assess fees; input information into computerized data system; keep deposit data; maintain website; answer phones)
Receive, review, prepare, process, maintain, retrieve and/or distribute confidential information in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Evaluate materials for completeness and accuracy and resolve routine problems.
Develop and revise forms, procedures, and systems to accommodate changes related to processing data, maintenance, and storage of records.
Assist, advise and respond to customer requests and inquires concerning completion of forms, records, data, information and/or University requirements or procedures.
- 12 mos. training or 12 mos. experience in records management and records databases
- 1 mo. experience in use of calculator.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prepare, process, research and audit records and reports
- Ability to abstract information from records and develop and revise forms.
- Ability to provide customer service on records related issues.
- Or equivalent of the education and experience listed above
- Candidates may be required to complete a skill assessment(s) to verify level of proficiency in required skills/qualifications
- We seek a candidate with a commitment to working effectively with students, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds.
(*Developed after employment)
- Data analysis*
- Knowledge of University requirements or procedures*
- Employee development*
- Budget analysis*
- Website development*
- Public relations*
- Skill in operation of computer*