Basic Purpose and Objective
The Records Manager will report to the COO and work across departments in the Firm to ensure proper and efficient implementation of the Firm's Document Retention Policy and related Retention Schedule.
*This position can be located either in Ridgeland, MS or Nashville, TN.
• Oversee records management operations, projects, and services for appropriate management of Firm’s documents and records, including retention, destruction, archiving, and retrieval. Ensure compliance with applicable legal, regulatory, and business requirements for document retention and disposition.
• Create awareness within the Firm by developing and updating training materials and conducting appropriate employee training on policies, procedures, storage, retrieval and destruction to ensure full compliance with the policies.
• Measure and report on the overall effectiveness of and compliance with the program, including consideration of appropriate controls, monitoring, preparation of budgets, KPIs (key performance indicators), and metrics.
• Establish and implement document retention policies and procedures.
• Set global standards for consistent, coordinated, enforced records management program.
• Maintain and update the Firm’s document retention schedule, including working with Legal personnel, and researching legal, regulatory, and business requirements.
• Generate and maintain reports of any changes in retention schedules and update stakeholders.
• Assess and address electronic document retention issues, including proliferation of electronic documents, e-mail, and management thereof.
• Assess appropriate records management infrastructure and hardware and software tools and solutions for retention schedule and storage, archiving, imaging, retrieval, preservation, and disposition of documents and records.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelors degree required in Business Administration, Library/Information Sciences, Records Management or related discipline or equivalent experience.
• Must have at least 5 years experience in a similar records management role.
• Must have knowledge of and experience in legal and regulatory requirements and best practices in records and information management, processes, and systems.
• Ability to manage large scale, cross functional projects.
• Excellent project management and cross functional experience.
• Must have good oral and written communication skills as well as good interpersonal skills.
• Must have ability to organize and prioritize projects and work assignments with a high volume workload.
• Must have ability to develop and implement policies and procedures and evaluate their effectiveness.
• Excellent computer skills including, but not limited to Microsoft Office products and applicable records management software.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks well under pressure.
• Demonstrated expertise/knowledge to manage tasks that have a broad and direct impact on business.
• Ability to structure complex projects efficiently and set or adjust priorities effectively.
• Excellent judgment and use of discretion, diligence, dependability and strong work ethic.
• Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent analytic, time management, collaboration, decision making, organization, planning, problem-solving, presentation and negotiating skills.
Butler Snow - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -