Serves as the supervisor of Records staff. Manages the active and inactive child/family case files which includes child/family case file creation, filing, retrieval, accessioning, retention, redactions, release of records and disposition in accordance with the Department of Children & Families and Community Based Services regulations, requirements, and policies.
• Serve as the supervisor of all Records Room Staff including the hiring, training, evaluating, counseling, disciplining and separating of Records staff. Hold regularly scheduled staff meetings.
• Direct the creation, maintenance, retention and disposition of child/family files in accordance to Department of Children & Families and Eckerd regulations, requirements and policies.
• Ensure the work performed by the Records Room Staff is completed in accordance with Department of Children & Families and Community Based Care regulations, requirements and policies.
• Develop and maintain standardized internal procedures to ensure work is performed accurately, timely and efficiently by the Records Room Staff.
• Oversee the creation and maintenance of a customer-service oriented active and inactive Records Room according to professional RIM, Department of Children & Families and Eckerd regulations, requirements and policies for records creation, maintenance, retention, and disposition.
• Oversee the redacting of files, release of records for the lead agency and will be available to testify in court regarding the records management process when necessary.
• Direct the creation and maintenance of manual and/or automated systems for child/family case file retrievals, re-files, and access requests from case management agencies and authorized personnel, responding in a timely manner to customer requests according to Department of Children & Families and Eckerd regulations, requirements and policies.
• Facilitate customer-service oriented access to child/family case files during audits and monitoring, coordinating transactions with case management agencies.
• Monitor active and inactive filing systems to ensure filing system integrity and accuracy.
• Oversee the audit of child/family case file records at opening, closing and on a routine basis to ensure organization and currency.
• Manage the creation and maintenance of a secure disposition process, i.e., retention schedule, conversion and/or disposal, according to Department of Children & Families and Community Based Care regulations, requirements and policies.
• Serve as a liaison with the Department of Children & Families when requesting archived child/family files.
• Oversee completion of statistical data for the Records Room Department as needed or as requested.
• Provide training and technical assistance to all staff, including contracted case management agencies and community partners, as pertains to the Records staff and function.
• Develop and maintains policy/procedure manuals for the Records Room Team.
• Attend trainings, workshops and or meetings to keep the Records Room Team within compliance.
• Support the project’s QA function, QA data needs, and deadlines for reports and monitoring as they pertain to the Records Room.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Five years computer work experience required. Three years supervisory experience required.
Eckerd is a drug-free workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer. Eckerd utilizes E-verify to confirm employment eligibility.
Eckerd Youth Alternatives - 21 months ago
Eckerd Youth Alternatives (EYA) provides early intervention and prevention, wilderness education, residential and day treatment, and...