Serve as a subject matter expert for controlled document practices
• Provide functional leadership for all Records and Information Management (RIM) Administrators specializing in controlled document management by establishing and maintaining working relationships with teams and external contractors in all regions
• Analyze needs and propose creative and efficient solutions that support complex business requirements for tollgate transitions of controlled documents throughout the Petroleum lifecycle.
• Develop comprehensive policies and procedures to standardize, assess, and audit management of controlled document processes for Petroleum and third parties working on behalf of Petroleum.
• Collect functional business requirements for document control systems across Development and Production and work with the IM Function to implement a single Petroleum standard.
• Work with RIM Administrators and Analysts to ensure that each company operated project manages its documents in accordance with corporate and Petroleum governance requirements
• Participate in functional and peer reviews as necessary
• Demonstrate expert knowledge of impacts and benefits of new solutions on business processes
• Maintain knowledge and awareness of current industry trends as well as current methods and technologies related to controlled document management
• Participate as an active member in community-wide teams to study new RIM solutions, try out tools, lead related projects and work to achieve global focus
• Provide training and mentoring on best practices for Document Control Officers in Petroleum
• Liaise with third parties as necessary to ensure they understand Petroleum requirements
• Conduct regular audits of controlled document processes associated with regulatory obligations, industry benchmarks, and organizational requirements to ensure Records Management compliance and best practices. This includes internal audits as well as audits of external stakeholders, (e.g., Operators, JIU’s, contractors)
• Maximize use of common tools and systems to foster continuous improvement
Additional Job Details:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, library science, quality management or related discipline
• Prefer 10 years’ experience directly related to document management and 5 years’ experience supporting capital projects, preferably in the Petroleum industry.
• Experience with project implementation under strict HSE Protocols
• Understanding of key relationships and issues related to transitioning project documentation from one tollgate phase to the next (e.g., handoff between Development to Production)
• Experience in working with Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) Contractors in dealing with document control and management.
• Experience with Documentum or similar enterprise level document management system
• Project management experience and timelines
• Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows environment
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as ability to interface with team members at all levels and with external contractors
• Ability to be proactive and contribute to the ongoing improvement of Records and Information Management (RIM) processes and procedures
• Experience in developing and implementing Companywide document management standards and controls