The Recovery Advocate is a member of the multidisciplinary team who is directly involved in providing quality care to patients. The RA is responsible for providing structure for during and after hours and weekend activities.
Hours: This position may require some weekends and/or night shifts.
PRN (as needed) to assist with weekend, holiday, and call in's.
- Documents observations in the medical record and communicate client issues and concerns to the nursing/clinical and administrative staff.
- Serves as a role model to the clients, demonstrating an understanding of the fundamentals to a balanced recovery program.
- Coordinate client care and ensure that clients are in groups and aware of unit expectations.
- Coordinates admissions with the nursing staff to ensure the safety of the client and the client environment.
- Assists in emergency situations as directed.
- Understands and maintains confidentiality of patient information and records.
- Recognizes crisis situations and provides appropriate interventions based on training and experience.
- Escorts clients for meals, appointments or other related client activities.
- Facilitates or co-facilitates CD Educational groups.
- Monitors client self administration of medication.
- Attends monthly meetings or scheduled trainings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED
- Valid Texas Drivers License
- Combination of education and experience to equal one year.
- 2 years experience with 12 step programs preffered.
The Right Step - 21 months ago
Where Putting an End to Addiction Is Just the Beginning.
The Right Step has been delivering affordable, quality treatment solutions for...