The Recovery Advocate serves as a liaison between the clients and the clinical and medical staff to communicate observations and interactions of clients base among one another, family members and staff.
May include night and/or weekend shifts
- Serve as a role model to clients, demonstrating a healthy balanced recovery program (if applicable) and behaviors congruent to societal norms.
- Consistently upholding the policies, procedures, rules and regulations that pertain to the client population, families, TRS and TDSHS.
- Supervise the daily client operation, i.e. maintenance of personal hygiene, completion of household chores, ensuring the integrity of the approved timeline by having clients at all treatment modalities on time and with appropriate materials.
- Provide torough, accurate and timely documentation of all client actions and observations on Easy Step.
- Participates in program development and staff training as assigned.
- Attends scheduled staff meetings.
- Assist clients with transportation needs.
- Responsible for the observation and documentation of client self-adminstration of medication;
- Work with medical team to monitor vital signs.
- Maintaining the safety of the clients and the security of the facility.
- Responsible for reporting any physical plan deficiencies that may occur to the appropriate personnel.
- Attending continuing educational workshops for increased work knowledge.
- Offering new ideas or suggestions as to how to improve current operations.
- Must have a valid Texas Drivers License.
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED.
- A minimum of one year experience in mental health / behavioral health.
- Able to communicate and set limits with client population.
- Computer knowledge and aptitude.
- Proven writing skills.
- Experience with12 step program is preffered.
Where Putting an End to Addiction Is Just the Beginning.
The Right Step has been delivering affordable, quality treatment solutions for...