Recovery Coach- Join our Team!
Coach will assist clients in their recovery and help promote client wellness in an outpatient setting. The Recovery Coach will provide peer support to individual clients and families with the goal of assisting clients to effectively navigate the behavioral health system in the process of their recovery. Recovery Coach will encourage client-centered, self-directed recovery.
Why are health professionals choosing MHC Healthcare?
MHC is building an integrative primary health care system that is committed to caring for special populations, and that is focused on improving health outcomes for our patients as well as building healthy communities. Our mission has the tendency to attract talented individuals who are compassionate, driven, and dedicated to contributing to our organization, the community, and towards their professional development.
About MHC Behavioral Health Services:
MHC Healthcare (MHC) Behavioral Health Services, provides behavioral health and community services, and was developed approximately 30 years ago. Over the last 15 years, the Department has tripled its staff and currently has contracts and/or collaboration agreements with many behavioral health organizations in Tucson, Arizona. Behavioral Health Services differs from other service providers in the community in that it is the only rural health center in the area and the only local agency providing behavioral health services to the residents of Marana, Rillito, Picture Rocks, Avra Valley and Northwest Tucson.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED with two years relevant behavioral health experience.
- Must be receiving or have received services from a behavioral health system.
- Must be a graduate of the Recovery Support Specialist Institute or meet the requirement for attendance at the RSSI.
- Experience with the AHCCCS behavioral health system in Arizona preferred.
- Possess a valid driver's license with current automobile insurance.
- CPR and First Aide certified.
- Fingerprint clearance through DPS.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Completes other tasks as requested by Clinical Supervisor, IHCC Coordinator and/or Chief of Behavioral Health Services.
- Relates own recovery process in a positive and supportive manner through coaching, role modeling and mentoring in order to assist members in developing skills to achieve their goals.
- Promotes a recovery based approach to care that emphasizes hope, respect, self-direction and empowerment.
- Recruits and promotes client participation at all levels within the Rbha System of Care.
- Work with members on a peer-driven, self developed recovery plan to be shared with their BHMP that includes goals of the member/family, community resources, family/natural supports and crisis prevention plan.
- Provides information on service options at CPSA direct contracted agencies and fulfills referral requirements when indicated.
- Identifies additional community resources and natural supports and assists client with this connection.
- Works with member to navigate and use community resources in an effective manner.
- Communicates with Clinical Team regarding members' level of interdependent functioning and current levels of support provided.
- Provides on-going support by listening and helping the client communicate what is or is not working for them. When appropriate, meets with the TEAM to assure client's needs are being met.
- Advocates for all family members as appropriate.
- Attends meetings/hearings at the request of the family and/or Case Manager/Therapist.
- Accommodates client schedules when providing direct service and provides services outside of normal business hours as needed or requested.
- Provides Case Management Services as a BHT as training and experience allow and as requested or needed by client(s).
- Provides home based and crisis intervention services, as needed or requested, and notifies Supervisor/Team.
- Provides transportation for clients, as needed or requested.
- Assists member in completion of legal consents and benefits coaching.
- Works collaboratively with the Rbha psychiatric staff, as appropriate, ensuring that all appropriate clients receive medication monitoring, psychiatric evaluations and maintain PCP involvement.
- Completes documentation for behavioral health record in accordance with agency and funding source requirements.
- Follows professional and ethical practices when working with clients, client records, families and community personnel.
- Maintains confidentiality of client/family information.
- Works effectively with all clients and families to promote a milieu of trust while providing excellent customer service within a ‘recovery model' of care.
- Acts as a willing and efficient liaison between MHC Behavioral Health Services and other behavioral health agency staff, school district employees, CPS/DES and Rbha staff, and court employees.
- Interacts effectively with Board Members, community members, and other agency personnel to promote a milieu of trust, productivity and growth.
- Maintains a positive attitude towards job responsibilities working collaboratively with all MHC staff members to create a productive, working team.
- Utilizes appropriate channels for reporting/discussing/solving problems or concerns. Discusses staff concerns with particular staff member prior to involving Department Chief, HR Director, CEO or other staff members.
- Is a productive member of the Behavioral Health team by participating in Departmental meetings, client staffing, case reviews, staff development, and policy and procedure development, as appropriate or requested.
- Assumes responsibility for understanding guidelines and procedures for all Department contracts and requests clarification, if necessary.
- Observes applicable state and federal laws. Assumes responsibility for knowledge of laws and requests clarification, if necessary.
- Maintains general behavioral health and education standards and keeps abreast of behavioral health and educational trends by reading and attending in-services and workshops as appropriate and indicated in staff development plan.
- Has a thorough knowledge of all Marana Health Center policies and procedures, including those for PTO, exempt and nonexempt status and uses accordingly.
- Uses appropriate incident reporting procedures when documenting unsafe or problematic incidents involving patients, clients and/or staff. Completes Incident Report accurately and follows procedures completely.
Marana Health Center - 18 months ago