Share our pride. Join our mission.
As a Fortune 200 financial services company with more than $113.5 billion in owned and managed assets, USAA is on a mission - to facilitate the financial security of our members, the men and women of the U.S. military and their families worldwide. Headquartered on a showcase campus in San Antonio, TX, USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our 23,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
Recently Ranked 100 Best Companies to Work For by Fortune in 2012 , we are proud to receive consistently outstanding awards and ratings for member service, employee well-being and financial strength. Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity . These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
We are currently seeking talented Recovery Specialist II for our San Antonio, TX facility.
PURPOSE OF JOB
The general purpose of the Recovery Specialist position is to protect the financial interests of USAA by communicating with members, nonmembers and/or external third parties to collect and resolve current, delinquent, and or charged off accounts. Work with members, nonmembers, attorneys, and/or other third parties to negotiate payment plans on secured and unsecured loans. Accounts are handled and worked in accordance with operational standards; follows the Fair Debt Collection Protection Act (FDCPA) and all local, state and federal laws pertaining to loan verification and collection.
- Works under general supervision; Uses established procedures and job experience to carry out moderately complex work assignments; identifies appropriate issues for escalation.
- Communicates with members, non-members and/or external third parties to collect and resolve current, delinquent, and or charged off accounts; document all collection efforts on appropriate system.
- Negotiates mutually agreed upon satisfactory payment arrangements and accounts are worked in accordance with operational standards.
- Maintains knowledge of and follows the Fair Debt Collection Protection Act FDCPA) and all local, state and federal laws pertaining to the collection industry.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 2 years collections experience or customer service, financial service, or military service.
- Intermediate knowledge of windows operating environment and Microsoft Office tools.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
- Strong Work Ethic.
- Strong ability to operate Windows Excel, Word and Outlook.
- 3+ years Collections experience.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including business casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Percentage of Travel:
USAA - 13 months ago
FOR OUR VETERANS:
Did you know USAA has numerous career opportunities that don’t require corporate experience? If you’re...