The Recovery Specialist is responsible for maintaining an established level of efficiency and accuracy regarding the collection of accounts receivable. While building and maintaining productive working relationships with learners, the individual works to meet and exceed established team goals in the areas of bad debt expense and days’ sales outstanding. This role will leverage a broad knowledge of university policies and practices and partner with a wide range of internal groups while maintaining a professional and positive approach to solving tough learner issues.
- Communicate with learners regarding receivable account balances, past due invoices, disputed information, and payment/financial aid options via email and phone, inbound and outbound. Drive learners towards successful financial resolutions.
- Maintain required records and update systems with credit/collection information for use in reporting, audits, and accounting backup.
- Develop, modify, and initiate effective messaging campaigns to encourage large groups of learners to take action to maintain financial good standing.
- Work with collection agencies on account placement, disputes, reporting, and sharing of payment information.
- Adhere to, enforce, and improve standardized policy and procedures related to learner account collection and billing activity.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred; Associate’s degree considered with commensurate experience.
- Experience: Two or more years of experience in one or more of the following areas: collections of student receivables, collections of student loans, in-house collections, customer service in financial aid, or higher education finances/billing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced customer service skills. Comfortable handling difficult customer situations.
- Well developed problem solving skills.
- Dependable self starter, able to prioritize work, meet deadlines, and attain results.
- Ability to work within a team-oriented structure.
- Adaptable to a fast paced environment, frequently changing processes, and complex software applications.
- MS Office skills, with an emphasis in Excel and Word.
- Availability to work occasional weekends and later shifts.
225 S. 6
Minneapolis, MN 55402
How To Apply
Click the apply now button and apply to this job opening. You will be prompted to either login using an existing user ID and password or register for a new account.
About Capella University
Capella University is an online university built on graduate degrees, with more than 34,900 students throughout the U.S. and in other countries. Founded in 1993 to provide advanced educational opportunities for working professionals, Capella has become a national leader in online education, offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs. The university's success is built upon a culture that promotes human potential, achievement, innovation, integrity, collaboration, and teamwork. Capella Education Company (CPLA), parent company of Capella University, is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. Capella Education Company was named to the Inc. 500 Hall of Fame for being listed as one of the nation's fastest-growing companies for 7 consecutive years. Capella University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, located at 230 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1413, (312) 263-0456,
Equal Employment Opportunity
Capella is committed to the development of a multicultural environment. We seek greater diversity in our faculty and staff to broaden our academic experience and to reflect the diversity within our learner community. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and perspectives across the university and our corporate offices. Our goal is to create academic and business communities that are rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Capella is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
Capella University - 19 months ago
Where Academic Excellence is Online
As a regionally accredited institution offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs in...