Join us, and become a part of our Diverse Team!
We are a culture of professionals who are “dedicated to providing service excellence in promoting health and well being."
MHC's Behavioral Health Services is committed to caring for special populations, improving health outcomes and building healthy communities. Our goal is treating each client in an integrative setting where the individual has access to primary care, behavioral health, alternative and complementary therapies, employment services as well as other specialty medical services in one location.
Behavioral Health Services differs from other service providers in the Marana community in that it is the only rural health center in the area and the only local agency providing behavioral health services to the residents of Marana, Rillito, Picture Rocks, Avra Valley and Northwest Tucson. In the Tucson area, Behavioral Health Services will be located within several medical clinics to further our goal of integrative services. Join us!
Positions Available in Marana and Tucson!
RECOVERY SUPPORT SPECIALIST – RSS, full time, for Behavioral Health Services in community health center. Position will work closely with Care Coordinators, Therapist and clients to assist with the process of client-centered recovery. Must have a vehicle. Word processing a must. ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE ENROLLED OR HAVE COMPLETED THE RSS INSTITUTE WITH CPSA.
Location: Clinica Del Alma and Wilmot Clinic
Clinic Hours: Mon-Fri 8-5
• Must be 21 years of age.
• High school diploma or GED.
• ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE ENROLLED OR HAVE COMPLETED THE RSS INSTITUTE WITH CPSA.
• Training or experience in substance abuse and or behavioral health services preferred.
• Experience with the AHCCCS behavioral health system in Arizona required.
• Possess a valid driver's license with current automobile insurance.
• CPR and First Aide certified.
• Fingerprint clearance through DPS.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Bilingual English-Spanish candidates are encouraged to apply!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruits and promotes client participation at all levels within the Rbha System of Care.
- Identifies additional community resources and natural supports and assists client with this connection.
- Provides on-going support by listening and helping the client communicate what is or is not working for them. When appropriate, meets with the TEAM to assure client's needs are being met.
- Advocates for the family.
- Attends meetings/hearings at the request of the family and/or Care Coordinator/Therapist.
- Accommodates client schedules when providing direct service and provides services outside of normal business hours as needed or requested.
- Provides home based and crisis intervention services, as needed or requested.
- Provides transportation for clients, as needed or requested.
- Provides all clients with appropriate referrals to other community agencies as needed or requested.
- Works collaboratively with the Rbha psychiatric staff, as appropriate, ensuring that all appropriate clients receive medication monitoring, psychiatric evaluations and maintain PCP involvement.
- Follows professional and ethical practices when working with clients, client records, families and community personnel.
- Maintains confidentiality of client/family information.
- Works effectively with all clients and families to promote a milieu of trust while providing excellent customer service within a ‘recovery model' of care
- Acts as a willing and efficient liaison between MHC Behavioral Health Services and other behavioral health agency staff, school district employees, CPS/DES and Rbha staff, and court employees.
- Interacts effectively with Board Members, community members, and other agency personnel to promote a milieu of trust, productivity and growth.
- Maintains a positive attitude towards job responsibilities working collaboratively with all MHC staff members to create a productive, working team.
- Utilizes appropriate channels for reporting/discussing/solving problems or concerns. Discusses staff concerns with particular staff member prior to involving Department Director, HR Director, CEO or other staff members.
- Is a productive member of the Behavioral Health team by participating in Departmental meetings, client staffings, case reviews, staff development, and policy and procedure development, as appropriate or requested.
- Assumes responsibility for understanding guidelines and procedures for all Department contracts and requests clarification, if necessary.
- Observes applicable state and federal laws. Assumes responsibility for knowledge of laws and requests clarification, if necessary.
- Maintains general behavioral health and education standards and keeps abreast of behavioral health and educational trends by reading and attending in-services and workshops as appropriate and indicated in staff development plan.
- Has a thorough knowledge of all Marana Health Center policies and procedures, including those for PTO, exempt and nonexempt status and uses accordingly.
- Uses appropriate incident reporting procedures when documenting unsafe or problematic incidents involving patients, clients and/or staff. Completes Incident Report accurately and follows procedures completely.
- Completes other tasks as requested by Clinical Supervisor, Adult Services Coordinator and/or Director of Behavioral Health.
Marana Health Center - 16 months ago