· Aids in the recovery operations and personnel by maintaining an adequate inventory of recovery supplies and equipment and maintaining supporting documentation.
· The specialist is also responsible for conducting packing supplies and equipment for use on tissue recoveries, disinfecting and sterilizing instruments, equipment cleaning and maintenance.
· Proper shipping of transplant and research human tissues and other duties as assigned.
· Supports all RTIS Donor Services team initiatives and exhibits professionalism and a positive attitude at all times and whenever representing RTIS.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
· High school graduate/GED equivalent required.
· Minimum one (1) year shipping and/or inventory experience in a fast paced environment required.
· Valid driver's license required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: (list required and preferred separately)
· Basic computer skills required, including Microsoft Outlook.
· Minimum one (1) year shipping and/or inventory experience in a fast paced environment.
· Experience with courier services regulations and requirements for shipping through Federal Express and UPS.
· Knowledge of supplies management, instrument care, sterilization equipment and aseptic handling and care of bio-hazardous materials is preferred.
· Ability to follow safety precautions and prescribed procedures in all areas.
· Mature judgment and excellent follow through in all areas of responsibility.
· Detail-orientated and self motivated to complete tasks in a timely manner.
This position may require the use of personal protective equipment during various tasks/activities including but not limited to, gloves, masks and safety glasses.
List activity requirements and percentage of time : KEY: Not at all (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%), Constant (67-100%)
Climbing: Not at all (0%) Bending: Frequent (34-66%) Kneeling/Crawling with force: Not at all (0%)
Pulling: Frequent (34-66%) Reaching Above Head: Frequent (34-66%) Twisting at waist: Frequent (34-66%)
Lift above shoulders: Frequent (34-66%) Lift from floor level: Frequent (34-66%)
Medium work: Physically handle objects up to 50 lbs. frequently.
Stand for 8 hours/day Sit for 8 hours/day Perform repetitive tasks/motions Have good manual dexterity
Have good eye/hand/foot coordination Hear alarms/telephone/normal voice Have Clarity of Vision
Near Acuity ( Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less) Far Acuity ( Clarity of vision at 20 feet or more) Distinguish colors
WORKING CONDITIONS: Biomedical manufacturing environment. Potential hazards include exposure to:
Hazardous chemicals: Occasional (1-33%) Blood or body fluids: Not at all (0%)
Extreme conditions, hot or cold: Frequent (34-66%) Communicable diseases: Not at all (0%)
Saw Blades, needles or other sharp objects: Occasional (1-33%) Unprotected heights: Not at all (0%)
Moving mechanical parts: Occasional (1-33%) Latex exposure: Frequent (34-66%)