The Skip Recovery Representative is responsible for locating and directing the repossession of charged off United Auto Credit loans where the collateral is outstanding. All position responsibilities are to be completed in compliance with United Auto Credit policies and procedures as well as all state and federal regulations including all requirements of the Fair Debt Collection Practice Act.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrate clear, concise and professional communication skills in all interactions with United Auto Credit customers.
- Thoroughly understand and appropriately apply all available United Auto Credit collection and skip tracing tools.
- Interview neighbors, references, and other leads to obtain information about the consumer.
- Negotiate settlements with consumers.
- Compile documents and prepare files for legal action.
- Maintain accurate customer account notes and records.
- Work closely with the repossession agent to facilitate the recovery of the outstanding collateral.
Command of the English language in both verbal and written forms is required. Bi-lingual in Spanish is a plus.
The Skip Recovery Representative position requires the ability to sit at a desk for extended periods while initiating and receiving customer phone calls and documenting the results of those calls in the company’s computer system. Requires the ability to retrieve and return files to filing cabinets up to 4½ feet tall. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment at United Auto Credit is fast-paced and dynamic. Cross-training and teamwork are essential to the smooth operation of the Company.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in consumer collections and skip tracing in compliance with FDCPA requirements. With a minimum of 2 years in the subprime automobile skip tracing.
- Must have a solid recent work history
- Clear, concise and professional written and oral communication skills
- Strong negotiation, problem solving, and probing skills that are utilized in a professional manner
- Good telephone communication techniques and ability to be on the telephone for long periods of time
- Detail-oriented and strong organization skills
- Effective time management skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task to complete daily tasks while handling both incoming and outgoing calls
- Ability to meet goals and deadlines in a fast paced, performance driven environment
- Self Motivated and dependable
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office applications, internet skills, and the ability to utilize web based research tools/search engines
- Must have flexibility to work scheduled hours between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. and weekends as needed
Established in 1996, United Auto Credit has grown to become a national leader in non-prime automotive finance. Our core business is working...