The Fort Hunter Liggett FMWRC mission is to create and maintain "FIRST CHOICE" MWR products and services for America's Army, essential to a ready, self-reliant force.
Position is located at the Aquatics Center which is located in conjunction with the Sports Complex in Fort Hunter Liggett, Jolon, CA. This is seven days a week operation and work schedule will be based upon this. Normal business hours are generally 10:30 AM to 7:00 PM but hours may vary. The schedule may also include holidays based on mission requirements. This is a flexible on call position with no guaranteed work hours. Current up-to-date certifications as required of the position must be submitted prior to appointment to the position. You can also upload these documents with your application. Applicants must also provide one work reference and work personal reference.
ANNOUNCEMENT WILL HAVE A TWO WEEK CUT OFF DATE OF MAY 2ND, 2013 AND REFERRALS WITH QUALIFIED CANDIDATES MAY BE ISSUED AFTER THAT DATE. APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UP UNTIL THE CLOSING DATE UNTIL ALL POSITIONS HAVE BEEN FILLED. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO HAVE YOUR COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKET SUBMITTED BY 11:00CST ON MAY 2ND, 2013 FOR REVIEW IF YOU WISH TO BE CONSIDERED AFTER THE FIRST CUT OFF DATE.
- Direct Deposit is required
- Social Security card is required
- Certifications must be current and maintained
- Certifications required prior to appointment to the position
Serves as a lifeguard for indoor and outdoor pools and works under the direction of the Installation Aquatics Program Manager. Employs safety rules for the protection of the pool guests. Responsible for lifeguarding guests in attendance at the assigned aquatics facility. Provides maximum pool area surveillance and responds to emergencies; rescues pool patrons and administers first aid as required. Responsible for assisting in the conduct of aquatic swimming and water survival training according to TC 21-21 or assisting with American Red Cross swim lessons as an Aide. Attend aquatics and/or safety training as directed. Adheres to Customer Service standards of the Installation. Assists in maintaining pool, and area clean and free from any hazards. Performs periodic water tests and reports results to the pool leader on duty. Provides information to swimmers regarding safety/health/admission rules and procedures. Tactfully warns patrons who repeatedly disregard safety rules, and follows facility Standard Operating Procedures for disciplinary actions. Assists in coaching or preparing the competitive and non-competitive swimming programs as required. Maintains daily logs, reports and records as required. Lifeguards will participate in any required training (on-the-job training emergency rescue drills, emergency action plan simulations).
Possesses and maintains the following certifications: Lifeguarding and First Aid (American Red Cross or nationally recognized equivalent i.e. Star Guard, YMCA, or ELLIS); American Red Cross "Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation for the Professional; CPR for the Professional Rescuer/AED or equivalent (American Heart Association CPR/AED); First Aid.
Conditions of employment:
1. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
3. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
4. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
5. Direct Deposit is a condition of employment.
6. In case of exposure to infectious disease, incumbent is required to obtain the Hepatitis B vaccination series within a 24-hour period.
7. Lifeguards must have good vision (corrected vision if necessary) while on duty to effectively recognize all emergencies, incidents, and rule breaking.
8. All required certifications must be kept current.
9. All certifications must be submitted prior to appointment of the position.
10. Continous exposure to prolonged periods of high temperatures and humidity.
11. DA Form 3433-1 supplemental employment application and OF-306 form is a condition of employment and must be completed prior to appointment.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: knowledge of swimming facility rules, work procedures and equipment; and ability to swim and rescue swimmers of all age groups. Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work. Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification. Questionnaire answers must be substantiated in your resume as to the job duties and requirements of the position. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume it could be grounds for not being referred or selected for the position.
Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Regular positions include the following NAF Benefits: Annual and Sick leave, Retirement Plan and 401(k) Plan, Health and Life Insurance, Long Term Care Plan Insurance and Flexible Spending Account. For additional benefits information please refer to http://www.armymwr.org/hr/nafbenefits/default.aspx .
Conversion of employment category (from Flex to RPT/RFT) may be accomplished without further competition in accordance with AR 215-3. This is a Flexible position and not entitled to benefits.
To successfully claim veteran's priority consideration, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...