The vision of the Madlyn & Leonard Abramson Center for Jewish Life is to create a vibrant community where our seniors receive exceptional care, are respected as individuals, enjoy meaningful relationships and opportunities to celebrate life; where our valued staff are encouraged to lead through innovation; and where pioneering research supports advances in care. We are committed to continuing our historic role in serving the Jewish community and to our distinguished heritage of honoring our elders.
An exciting opportunity for a Full-Time Recreation Assistant (Kehillah Coordinator) is currently available with our long-term care division. Our program is unique in that we have a ratio of 1:27, in which we develop “Kehillah” the Hebrew word for Community. The Recreation Assistant is responsible for the following:
This is a Full-Time position with some nights and weekends required.
- Conducting assessments and evaluations of the residents in accordance with the MDS 3.0 and state regulated assessment standards.
- Planning recreation programming based on assessment results.
- Implementing recreation services for a household of 27 residents.
- Encouraging residents to attend and participate in leisure pursuits, whether 1:1, small group, large group or independently.
- Attending and reporting in interdisciplinary meetings such as clinical rounds, care conferences and mood & behavior rounds.
- Relating to residents, family members, staff and volunteers in a professional manner.
The Abramson Center offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit plan, paid time off, and much more!
Bachelors degree in recreation or a related field. CTRS or CTRS eligible preferred. Must have computer skills in e-mail, word documents, internet, etc. Candidates must be able to interact well with others and have experience working with geriatric & dementia patients. Ability to work a flexible schedule required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.