Challenge Yourself - Be an Army Civilian - Go Army!
Organization - DFMWR - Outdoor Adventure Center http://www.fortleonardwoodmwr.com
This position is located at Fort Leonard Wood's Community Recreation Division, Outdoor Adventure Center. Fort Leonard Wood is located in the beautiful South-Central Missouri Ozarks. The fort covers more than 61,000 acres and is located in Pulaski County. Bordering the installation to the north are the towns of Waynesville/St. Robert and Interstate 44. St. Louis is a 2-hour drive to the east along I-44 and Springfield is a little more than an hour's drive to the west of Fort Leonard Wood.
- See conditions of employment.
- This position requires archery experience.
Incumbent serves as a Recreation Assistant in support of the Community Recreation Division, located at Outdoor Adventure Center in a patron usage facility. Applys a practical knowledge of recreational activities and skills in the use of recreation equipment, materials, and facilities. Circulates among patrons to assure service is satisfactory; receives and resolves customer complaints; provides information and general instructions on the use of equipment, facilities and machinery. Assists patrons in use of the facility by checking out equipment, providing safety instruction, demonstrating new equipment, teaching classes, etc. Plans, conducts, publicizes and arranges support for special events, social activities, tournaments and related functions. May provide work guidance to other staff. Performs other duties as assigned.
Work experience which involves dealing with the general public. Experience should include knowledge and experience in archery, outdoor equipment and outdoor recreation item retail sales.
Conditions of employment :
1. A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
4. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
5. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
6. Must be able to work an irregular work schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays.
7. Direct Deposit Required
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: Skills and knowledge of archery, outdoor equipment and outdoor recreation item retail sales.
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Regular positions include the following NAF Benefits: Annual and Sick leave, Retirement Plan and 401(k) Plan, Health and Life Insurance, Long Term Care Plan Insurance and Flexible Spending Account. For additional benefits information please refer to http://www.armymwr.org/hr/nafbenefits/default.aspx .
Other Advantages: Employees at Fort Leonard Wood may have the following available: work-out facilities, golf course, swimming pool, tennis courts, rental program (e.g., pop-up campers and trailers), ample free parking, a youth center, and childcare services. Fort Leonard Wood employees may also have access to the Fort Leonard Wood Lake of the Ozarks Recreation Area (LORA). LORA is a great place to get away from all the worries of every-day life.
To successfully claim veteran's preference, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
usajobs.gov - 20 months ago
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...