The Fort McCoy FMWRC mission is to create and maintain "FIRST CHOICE" MWR products and services for America's Army, essential to a ready, self-reliant force.
Position is working for the Sports and Fitness Division, Fort McCoy, WI. Work will be performed at the Fitness Center and also at the Beach area. This is a Flexible on call position and there is no guarantee of work week hours and is based on mission requirements. Schedule will be rotating shifts of mornings, nights, weekdays, weekends and some holidays. Applicant must provide one work reference and one personal reference with the application.
- Possess or obtain within 30 days of hire First Aid Certification.
- Possess or obtain within 30 days of hire Lifeguard Certification.
- Possess or obtain within 30 days of hire CPR Certification.
- Possess or obtain within 60 days of hire WSI Certification.
- Be 16 years of age at time of appointment.
In a patron usage facility, circulates among patrons to assure service is satisfactory; receives and resolves customer complaints; provides information and general instructions on the use of equipment, facilities and machinery. Assists patrons in use of the facility by checking out equipment, providing safety instruction, demonstrating new equipment, teaching classes, etc. Plans, conducts, publicize and arrange support for special events, social activities, tournaments and related functions. May provide work guidance to other staff. Required to perform Lifeguard duties, responsible for safeguarding the lives of persons using the swimming pool. Rescues swimmers and administers first aid as required. Ensures that safety rules are followed. Assists in maintaining pool and area clean and free from any hazards, and provides information to swimmers regarding safety rules and procedures. Tactfully warns patrons who repeatedly disregard safety rules and reports their behavior to the Manager. Maintains daily logs and records as required.
Work experience related to the duties described above that included customer service, operation and maintenance of sports facilities and fitness equipment; and possess or be able to obtain within 30 days of hire Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification, First Aid certification, Lifeguard certification and within 60 days Water Safety Instructor certification. Facilities use Automated External Defibrillator "AED's and Oxygen Administration "02 bottles" and will require employee to obtain certification provided by the activity in the following: American Red Cross "Automated External Defibrillator" (AED) certification or nationally recognized equivalent i.e. Ellis & Associates AED certification. American Red Cross "Oxygen Administration" certification or nationally recognized equivalent i.e. Ellis & Associates Oxygen Administration certification.
Conditions of employment:
1. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
3. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
4. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
5. DA Form 3433-1 supplemental employment application and OF 306 Declaration for Federal Employment are conditions of employment and must be completed prior to appointment.
6. All required certifications must be kept up to date and current.
7. Be sixteen years of age at time of appointment.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: Knowledge of swimming facility rules, work procedures and equipment and a ability to communicate orally. Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification. Questionnaire answers must be substantiated in your resume as to the job duties and requirements of the position. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume it could be grounds for not being referred or selected for the position. Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
Only Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Regular positions include the following NAF Benefits: Annual and Sick leave, Retirement Plan and 401(k) Plan, Health and Life Insurance, Long Term Care Plan Insurance and Flexible Spending Account. For additional benefits information please refer to http://www.armymwr.org/hr/nafbenefits/default.aspx . Conversion of employment category (from Flex to Regular Part Time/Regular Full Time) may be accomplished without further competition in accordance with AR 215-3. Flexible positions are not entitled to benefits.
To successfully claim veteran's priority consideration, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
usajobs.gov - 12 months ago
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...