***This is a part-time/on-call position to support the Vogel Day Program located at 200 West Vogel Avenue, Milwaukee, WI.
Responsible for implementing Day Service processes related to participant services and activities. Meet expected program goals. Ensure highest level of customer satisfaction with services and activities.
1. Plan and implement activities to comply with individual or contract needs which maintain or promote access to recreation and leisure, socialization, health and safety, skill building and self-advocacy. Utilize participant and stakeholder input to improve activities or services.
2. Plan and supervise community integration opportunities. Ensure safe practices are followed to prevent injury or elopement.
3. Engage and encourage participants to be fully involved in all activities and programs. Provide individualized training on objectives as outlined in the Individual Plan.
4. Assist participants with personal care which may include some lifting and toileting, feeding, grooming and hygiene or assisting with mobility.
5. Ensure safety and supervise with the loading and unloading of vans/buses.
6. Maintain accurate records of participant attendance, progress on objectives and activity participation. Assist with the development of a weekly schedule and monthly calendar of activities and community outings.
7. Consult with professional staff regarding participant goals, needs, and progress. Provide regular feedback to Supervisor and Case Manager. Attend and participate in weekly team meetings.
8. Adhere to agency standards for ethical behavior. Maintain participant’s dignity, right to privacy and confidentiality consistent with the Participant’s Bill of Rights.
9. Maintain a safe and orderly work environment.
1. High school diploma or GED within one year of hire.
2. Prefer 1 to 2 years of related work experience in a recreational or human service field.
3. Obtain and maintain First Aid/ CPR Certification
4. Must have valid driver’s license and driving record which meets insurance company criteria to transport participants in
hicle or Goodwill van.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Goodwill Industries - 15 months ago
Goodwill Industries International is a network of 215 local, autonomous member organizations in the United States, Canada, and 24 other...