Job Title: Recreation Assistant
Department: Recreational Services
We are currently looking for an experienced
Activities Assistant to help design, create, initiate and coordinate a wide variety of multi-level recreational and educational activities for our residents. Encourage resident participation in programs and activities in a nourishing, compassionate environment that supports the health and well-being of our residents.
* Assists in planning, coordinating, and evaluating resident activities.
* Encourages resident participation in programs and activities.
* Escorts residents on activities away from the property as assigned.
* Assists with the registration of residents for trips and programs.
* Conducts various activities at the direction of the Activities Director.
* Maintains necessary activity supplies, which may include outside purchasing.
* Assists in the surveying and interviewing of residents to determine interests, talents and resident satisfaction.
* Maintains general observation of residents and shares appropriate information with staff.
* Follows departmental budget guidelines.
* Attends all required training, in-service, and staff meetings.
* Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
* Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward residents, visitors, families, and co-workers.
* Adheres to all policies and procedures of Spring Hill, LLC
* Performs other duties as assigned
* An Associates degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position requires time spent on the following physical activities:
Stand 1/3 - 2/3
Walk 1/3 - 2/3
Sit Under 1/3 Use hands to finger, handle, or feel 2/3
Reach with hands and arms 2/3
Climb or balance Under 1/3
Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl Under 1/3
Talk or hear Over 2/3
Taste or smell Under 1/3
This position requires time spent lifting weight or exerting force in the following manner:
Up to 10 pounds Over 2/3
Up to 25 pounds 1/3 - 2/3
Up to 50 pounds Under 1/3
Up to 100 pounds None
More than 100 pounds None
Spring Hills is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All Spring Hills Senior Communities offer a distinctive and innovative approach to assisted living and Home Care Services. Signature...