o A Bachelors Degree in Recreation Management or similar field of study, preferred o 3-5 years management experience in a family / child resort recreation setting preferred o Corporate Recreation / Team Building experience preferred o At least one year related supervisory experience preferred o Prior hospitality experience required o Formalized Training in Corporate Recreation preferred o Must be CPR and First Aid certified o Current or former certifications in life guarding, swimming lessons, and water aerobics preferred
The Recreation Manager will organize, lead and develop all capacities of recreation at the Lansdowne Resort. This individual will help foster the growth of all family and children activities, ensure top level guest services is being exhibited in all components of Recreation while at the same time driving volume in participation and revenue up for the department. The Recreation Manager will help maintain the AAA Four Diamond standard.
The Recreation Manager will always conduct him/herself in manner which supports the guiding principles of Destination Hotels & Resorts:
Acts with the highest ethical standards, treating others fairly & with respect.
Empower a diverse group of talented and prepared people.
Nurture lasting relationships with investors, customers and team members
Achieve optimum investment performance.
Focus on Continuous improvement of quality assets and services.
Consistently work to balance our lives and contribute positively to our communities.
The Recreation Manager shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Lansdowne Resort Culture as well as promoting Lansdowne Resort as both the Destination and Employer of Choice!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for knowing all recreation outlet procedures
- Lead supervisors, interns and seasonal staff
- Responsible for training of all full-time, seasonal staff members
- Design and implementation of recreation programs, activities, clubs and events
- Assist Marketing to create the Spring, Summer and Fall/Holiday vacation planners
- New programming ideas and analysis of current programs
- Monitors time punches in Timesaver, ensuring accurate payroll for all associates
- Develops and implements controls for expense management
- Implements strategies to continually improve revenues
- Operation of all outlets including beach services, excursions, kids camp, crafts, activities, Swim Center, Grand Pavilion pools and towel stand.
- Ensure standard operating procedures are in practice
- Maintain cleanliness and maintenance of all outlets
- Ensure that staff is knowledgeable and ready for work
- Programming ideas for large and small groups
- Ability to organize, plan and implement an activity
- Ability to speak in front of large groups of people effectively
- Work closely with meeting planners
- Create a dynamic group experience
- Plans and conducts morning stand-up meetings
- Prepares forecasts and reports and assists in the development of the recreation budget
- Learns and maintains an awareness of all safety and emergency procedures and his/her role in assisting during critical times
- Handles daily purchasing, receiving, invoicing and billing
- Assists with the orientation and training of new recreation team members
- Assists in the ongoing training and development of recreation team members
- Supervision of interns and staff in all outlets
- Interviewing, background checks and decision making on staff
- Instills a calm, organized approach in all stressful situations
- Responsible for the scheduling of the recreation staff and interns
- Completes all new hire and termination paperwork
- Coaches and counsels recreation team
- Maintains a safe and pleasant work environment
- Reviews guests feedback through Unifocus and communicates information to team to ensure continual guest satisfaction
- Manages timely completion of performance appraisals
- Attends appropriate resort, division and department meetings
- Maintains a strong morale and spirit throughout recreation team
- Offers warm and sincere welcome/farewell for all guests of Wild Dunes Resort including use of guest name when possible & good eye contact with each guest
- Resolves guest issues promptly and with great care and effectiveness
- Communicates pertinent information to team, i.e. in-house VIPs, changes in policies and procedures, resort events, etc.
- Up sells other resort services and amenities to guests
- Interacts with resort staff in a professional manner, assisting other departments with necessary information
- Always maintains a professional demeanor and attitude
- Maintains constant awareness of safety issues, (i.e. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks and suspicious persons). Reports all safety incidents to on-duty supervisor.