The purpose of this job is to assist the Recreation Facility Supervisor in the daily planning of Recreation Center activities, and often assuming a leadership role in supervisor's absence.
Examples Of Essential Duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this job. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Organizes, teaches and conducts recreational activities at the Recreation Center.
• Assists the Recreation Facility Supervisor in the daily activities of the Center by operating the Center, and/or performing supervisory duties and R.O.A. duties in supervisor's absence.
• Recruits, coaches and referees youth and adults in the City League in various sports including baseball, football and basketball.
• Instructs such sports as soccer, volleyball, boxing, track, and study sessions for mathematics, reading, and writing.
• Teaches arts and crafts classes at the Center for all age groups.
• Acts as Summer Camp Director to include performing summer staff orientation, and organizing work schedules.
• Performs daily upkeep of recreational facilities to include minor maintenance, and the cleaning of floors and other areas.
• Opens, monitors, closes and secures the recreational center after each use.
Planning and Organizing:
• Assists with creating, planing and promoting recreational programs based on information concerning the recreational need and interest of the community.
• Assist with Organizing tournaments, bowl games for City League and other states, and organizes teams for youth activities.
• Assists supervisor in the training and supervision of summer staff, volunteers, and participants. Also assists in securing volunteer instructors, and approves volunteer workers for special teams, classes and activities.
• Plans activities for the handicapped population, the Golden Age, and other special populations, and helps under-privileged participants and families find resources to help with their individual needs.
• Attends community, school, church and business organization meetings, and attends school PTA meetings to speak with the players or participant teachers.
• Supervises gymnasium activities, and instructs volunteers or staff on safety instruction, liabilities and the rights of the participants.
• Instructs CPR, First Aid, drama and Arts and Crafts.
• Follows all safety precautions necessary in operating equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
Marginal Job Functions
• Performs other related duties as required.
Must have a high school diploma or GED and one year of recreation experience or a related profession; or any equivalent combination of training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Basic computer literacy skills needed. Applicant should be familiar with team sports and also possess a valid drivers license.
The City of Atlanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
City of Atlanta, GA - 30+ days ago